Canon SX50

Home Forums Open forum Canon SX50

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  VeganBiker 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

VeganBiker
    Participant

Just bought a Canon SX50 for a trip to Yellowstone next month. I am really impressed with the quality of the images and the power of the zoom. Check out my avatar, took that shot of one of the turtles at Golden Gardens yesterday, hand held and on auto. I am going to use a tripod and a remote shutter release and play around with the settings before Yellowstone but it is one heck a a nice camera.

Mondoman
    Participant

Will you be sending it on a submarine expedition down into Old Faithful to try and find the tourist drone that fell in?
    Sounds like a great trip with lots of awesome scenery!

VeganBiker
    Participant

Mondoman – ha ha that is funny, but can you believe that person? Those things are really remote controled aircraft, or at least that is what they used to be, now they are drones!
    I have to admit an aerial shot of the rainbow-colored Grand Prismatic Spring would be neat but the “drones” are banned in the park!
    I really hope it doesn’t damage anything as it seems like the Parks Dept. don’t have plans to remove it at the moment.

I also read somewhere that the volcanic activities at Yellowstone are on the rise! It is going to be a great trip.. :)
    I went there years ago in the 70s, we rented a 23 foot motor home when my mom, dad and sister came over to visit. We were me, the wife and my daughter who was 2 and a half, the three of them and 2 dogs and a cat! I even let the cat out at night in the park and she would leave dead rodent at the door in the morning! I can’t imagine ever doing that now, she was a one of a kind cat that one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.