City Council candidates interviewed

Home Forums Open forum City Council candidates interviewed

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mondoman 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mondoman
    Participant

Anonymous

Thanks for posting, Mondo. I’ll be interested in learning more about Catherine Weatbrook and any other candidates running against O’Brien.

Chris
    Participant

How is it, exactly, that there were no specific questions about property crime and what they intend to do about it?

Catherine
    Participant

Hi – Catherine here – I plan to be at the CBRA meeting Thursday evening (advertised on the home page) and am generally out an about talking with people – happy to meet with those in District 6 who would like to get to know me, my work in the community, and why you might want to vote for me. If you have a regular group that meets and what to have me speak at that – send me an invite. info@catherine4district6.com

Salmon Bay
    Participant

Thanks for posting this. My vote will go to the candidate that best addresses my issues as it relates to bicycling. Based on this Q&A, I’m leaning towards Mike.

I very much want the Burke Gilman trail to be finished as designed through Ballard. This has been a very long struggle. The route has been fully vetted, endless open house forums have been held, and many city governments have approved this FINAL design. Catherine is right, however, that it is ludicrous that this issue has lingered for so long, stalled by the Ballard Business Appellant NIMBYs. The city MUST find a way to resolve this issue and build the trail on the planned route. I want a council member that is committed and able to do this.

I also very much want the conditions on the Ballard Bridge for bicycling to improve. In 2012, SDOT’s own poll showed that the citizens of Seattle thought that the Ballard Bridge was the worst place in the city to ride a bike and the crossing that the citizens of Seattle most wanted improved. Since then SDOT has not done one thing to improve the conditions on the Ballard Bridge for bicycling. I want a council member that is going to push the SDOT to make the Ballard Bridge a safe place to ride a bike. This is Ballard’s most important connection to the rest of the city, and many people will not ride their bike over it because it is so unsafe. Terry McMacken died on the Ballard Bridge while bicycling and the city still does nothing.

Anonymous

Thanks for responding, Catherine. I hope to meet you and get a chance to learn a little about your background and priorities.

Mondoman
    Participant

Yes, thanks very much for posting, Catherine! I also look forward to meeting you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement