CO2 tank refill

Home Forums Open forum CO2 tank refill

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  VeganBiker 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Avocado Head
    Participant

Hey all,

So… I have one of those home soda machines, which I LOVE. But, the company has discontinued the product, and stopped exchanging the CO2 tanks.

It’s a Primo Flavorstation, who lost the great bubbly war against Sodastream… But the benefit is that unlike Sodastream they use standard fittings on their tanks. (The exact same fitting and tank as paintball guns actually…) This was a huge selling point for me as refilling a paintball tank costs under 5 bucks as opposed to Sodastream’s $15 exchange and proprietary fittings.

But, I haven’t been able to find anywhere to actually fill these tanks around the Ballard area… any tips / leads? Dicks Sporting Goods will do it… in Renton… None of the closer sporting goods stores I tried refill paintball tanks. Tried the fire extinguisher place on Market too, but they don’t have the right fitting.

Thanks in advance!

-Avo

P.S. There is a great amount of debate out there regarding “beverage” vs “industrial” quality CO2, which I won’t bore you with, but after doing a lot of reading / talking to people I feel comfortable using the cheap stuff…

VeganBiker
    Participant

AH – I get my kegerator 5lb CO2 tank refilled at http://www.yelp.com/biz/aaa-fire-and-safety-seattle just over the Fremont Bridge across from the funeral home. They are fast and might fill paintball tanks, but if your tank has a standard fitting you might want to get a 5 or 10 lb tank and re-fill the paint ball tank your self, you can get a fitting to fill it from a larger tank.

boatgeek
    Participant

If you ordered a couple of fittings (and maybe a short hose to join them), you could link up between the fire extinguisher place’s standard fitting and your standard fitting. A little more elbow grease, but it might be worth the effort if it saves some trips to Renton.

Avocado Head
    Participant

Thanks VB I will check them out! We love the little antique collective over there so any excuse to visit out neighbors in Freemontland…

Boatgeek – Not a bad idea! Have also been toying with the idea of just getting a standard 5 or 10 lb CO2 tank and the necessary fittings / regulator to run it right to my soda machine… stash the tank under a cabinet and run the hose up to the machine. Saw online that lots of people have done this for their Sodastreams and only have to refill once a year haha…

-Avo

Laura13
    Participant

My hubby gets CO2 tanks filled for about $7 at Central Welding Supply at 49th and 9th.

VeganBiker
    Participant

AH – I had thought of doing that with our Sodastream but I would have to buy a special fitting for the Sodastream end. Yours sounds like an easy conversion to a 5 lb tank, it will be a lot cheaper that way. Let us know if you do that.
    One thing with the tanks is that if you keep your own, you will have to have it pressure certified every 5 years, about $25 I think the last time I had it done. If you swap out the tank you don’t have to do that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement