Coyote sighting

Home Forums Open forum Coyote sighting

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PlantLover 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gracie
    Participant

Last night late as I was coming home I came down 71st to turn onto 34th (looking to see if this cat was still hanging around). And here comes a coyote running, turns on 71st, sees my car & goes into intersection of 34th & 71st – looking towards water. I move my car and the coyote took off heading towards Sunset Hill Park area. Poor guy was probably lost and probably came from the railroad tracks.
    First time I’ve seen a coyote but we did have one in neighborhood years ago hanging around. Turns out some folks had pet food on their porches and it was sticking around for that. In goes the food – the coyote leaves.

Ernie
    Participant

That could explain some of the missing cats…

gracie
    Participant

Unfortunately I was thinking that too – but hoping this coyote just got lost coming up from Golden Gardens. Never saw it around before.

oldguybc
    Participant

Was he driving a panel van with Sonora plates?

gracie
    Participant

*LOL*

PlantLover
    Participant

Lots of coyotes around, esp. in the north Ballard area. They are mostly out at night and yeah, they do catch cats. We have personally seen one with a cat in our yard, and found a chewed up cat collar – the owners confirmed hearing their cat get caught. Please people, for their sake, keep the cats indoors. If you cannot do it all the time, at least dusk to dawn. It is not a good way for them to go. Assume there are coyotes all the time, because they pretty much are.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.