Craftsman Window Repair suggestions?

Home Forums Open forum Craftsman Window Repair suggestions?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Shelley 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Matthew
    Participant

All,
    Front window of our 1930’s craftsman is doublepaned ( likely circa 80’s ) in what appears to be the original frame. It appears to have moisture trapped inside and likely needs to be replaced or , at the very least, repaired. We would like to keep the frame and look the same, so it is not a simple job we suspect.

Does anyone have any vendor suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

I’ve seen a pretty cool looking place on 8th and 70th, http://www.vintagewindowseattle.com/. I’ve never been in there though. I’m lucky, my 1910 Craftsman style windows still have the original wavy glass, bubbles and all. I commend you for keeping the original sashes! So many people have replaced these with horrible looking windows that just destroy the look of these houses.

Apple
    Participant

Took a seminar at the Phinney Center about restoring double hung wood windows put on by the place Salmon Bay mentions above. They seemed very competent.

Matthew
    Participant

Thank you both. I will give them a try. Anyone else have an alternative, just for the options?

Mondoman
    Participant

If you see some nicely-done windows on a house in the neighborhood, you could ask them who did their windows.

Shelley

I liked the work Windorco did on my home. 5 “popped” sealed units (all on the south side) replaced. Price was good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement