Donating Beauty and Makeup Products?

Home Forums Open forum Donating Beauty and Makeup Products?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  plasticbags 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Pandabur
    Participant

All – after going through my mom’s estate, I feel extremely compelled to purge my household. Not necessarily minimalist but definitely A LOT less than I have now. I know how to consign and direct donate all items except for health & beauty products, esp if they are gently used. I tend to buy XYZ new fangled hair product, use it a few items, then leave it alone. I’d love to donate things like that to a good cause, but have a hard time finding a place that accepts them. Same with brand (bare escentuals) makeup… gently used (always with a brush)

Any suggestions?

phoo
    Participant

For obvious reasons, I won’t take the brushes, but I’ll take the bare escentuals unless they are super dark.

Most places won’t take the makeup because of hygiene reasons, but the way the powder stuff is used, I don’t think it’s really an issue without the brushes.

I don’t suppose you’re looking for a piece of matboard? ;) I am also purging my house, though the matboard and wheelchair will require money. Although you’re unlikely to want anything I’m purging, you’re welcome to pick through it for the makeup. One of the small pieces of matboard (one sheet is huge), roaster pan, green queen sheets (their shape is fine, they just remind me of a bad time), etc.

Miss Julie
    Participant

Are you a member of buynothingballard on facebook? It is awesome. If you pm me your email I can invite you. I just found somebody who wants to old motorcycle helmets I have.

Pandabur
    Participant

Phoo – A lot of is darker colors but I have various stuff – mineral veil, blush, radiances, shadows, etc. Let me know – pandabur at the yahoo dot com if you want to meet… or if you have a couple colors in mind, I can dig and find for you!

Miss Julie – thanks sounds like a great group, I PM’ed you as well as submitted the Join Group request on FB.

plasticbags
    Participant

I still don’t think it’s hygienic to reuse BE makeup because you tap the powder into the lid to use it, then swirl the brush in the lid to pick up the makeup. Powder sits on the lid and also excess can fall back down past the holes into the main container and that becomes contaminated.

lakreitz
    Participant

Miss julie,
    I also pm’ed you about the group.Thanks

Pandabur
    Participant

Plastic Bags – Good point. I forgot to add that I portioned out a small amount into smaller containers to and refill. So, the original containers are sanitary… This was mainly so I could have more color options in less space (with the “bulk” containers hidden away) but also if I dropped one, only a small amount would be sacrificed!

Unless I knew the person well (friend, family), I would only give away the retail containers, not the small homemade portion ones.

plasticbags
    Participant

Very clever! They are pricy and I’ve definitely dropped some before.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement