Emerson Overpass Cluster

Home Forums Open forum Emerson Overpass Cluster

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Salmon Bay 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ballardMike
    Participant

http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/15thAveWestOverpass.htm

Well this should be fun. IMHO the detour is poorly implemented.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

As if biking over the Ballard Bridge wasn’t bad enough, SDOT has now bolted signs into the middle of the sidewalk for the detour. Way to go SDOT! Biking the sidewalk on the Ballard Bridge was already the most dangerous crossing in the city, now SDOT has made it even more dangerous. And their motto is “Be Super Safe” and “Safety is our number one priority.” Um, except where bicycles are concerned. They could have just as easily mounted them atop the railing stanchions, as all the other signs on the bridge are.

Curtis
    Participant

I’m not even a biker and I had that same thought as I crossed the bridge this morning.

Shelley

Looks like they fixed this?

VeganBiker
    Participant

Yes I rode across the bridge North bound yesterday and didn’t notice them. I must say the lack of traffic coming in from the right makes the transition from NB 15th onto the bridge a lots easier for bike riders.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

It is ironical that the only thing SDOT has ever done to improve the Ballard Bridge for cycling is to undo their own idiotic move that made it worse.

Oly
    Participant

What a bunch of whiners, the overpass needed repair end of story. If you were inconvenienced too fucking bad, it had to be done.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

Floyd, no issue with the overpass construction, just with SDOT’s idiotic sign placements during the construction.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement