Facial

Home Forums Open forum Facial

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Stripey 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

gracie
    Participant

I am looking for a good place to have a facial. Last time I went it was a disaster.
    Looking to have the whole nine yards done. Any good suggestions for a place?
    Thanks.

Jules
    Participant

Home

I know it is not in Ballard, but I think you will like it.

earldanger
    Participant

I’ve gone to Babalouise in the past, they’re great. They’re next to the Tin Hat on 65th, if I remember correctly!

http://www.babalouise.com/services/facials/

gracie
    Participant

Both look good! As many times as I have gone up and down NW 65th I have never noticed Babalouise. This winter, for some reason, has really played havoc on my skin – ultra dry and just feels almost itchy. At first I was blaming my cat when I went to bed thinking she had gotten fur on the blankets. Nope, it was just my skin.
    I’m drinking water like crazy, moisturizing but nothing helps. Sounds like a good facial would do the trick.

phoo
    Participant

Gracie: You might also look into vitamins that are good for the skin (internally). I know Zinc is one, vitamin E too. My parents for awhile had a terrible problem with their elbows being so dry that they would crack and bleed. No lotion, nothing would work, but taking zinc supplements fixed it. However, take it with food and not too much at one time. It’s rare for vitamins or medicines to make me sick to the stomach, but too much zinc will do it, double for on an empty stomach.

ladybuk
    Participant

I cannot say enough good things about Lisa/Cassie’s Skincare, (Yelp loves her too). She is very nice and obviously knowledgeable about skin care. She gives great advice for continued skin maintenance with natural remedies (based on your needs) and doesn’t try to sell you any products (which made the experience that much more relaxing). She also has monthly deals. Here is the link to her site,
    http://www.cassiesskincare.com/

gracie
    Participant

Phoo, I do take vitamins but not zinc. Something to think about. I was also thinking maybe I’m having reaction to new makeup or type of moisturizer. All I know is my face feels like the desert, it feels so dry and itchy. And skin is looking mighty dull. So think facial desperately needed!
    ladybuk – checked out cassies – and they do hot rock massage. I had that when going through physical therapy and it was HEAVEN.

nearneighbor
    Participant

Danielle at Fruitful Skincare in Fremont is amazing – all natural food grade products used in all her treatments!

http://www.fruitfulskincare.com/

phoo
    Participant

gracie: Apparently A, C, D and several of the B vitamins are good for skin too. Sweet potatoes are high in A, so eat some sweet potato fries and have a facial. :) If you at all feel down, you might want to take rather large doses of B12 and D3. Just because those coincide with low mood and may be involved in dry skin.

gracie
    Participant

phoo – No, not in low mood. Tired mood, yes but not low. And I do love sweet potatoes..low or high mood! :)

jburgh
    Participant

Gracie – do you exfoliate regularly, or at least once a month? I found this has made a world of difference for me.

Curtis
    Participant

I noticed shortly after turning 40 that my skin would get dry. It was never a problem before; now I use face and body moisturizer daily. I will look into the zinc…thanks Phoo!
    Also I surmise you work in a modern office building Gracie; HVAV will definitely have an effect on your skin and respiratory systems. Don’t have suggestions about dealing with that but thought I’d mention it. When I lived in the desert it was hard to decide whether to deal with the heat or deal with the AC.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

coconut Oil. Use it on your skin. Eat some everyday.

gracie
    Participant

Curtis – I am working in a new modern “green” building. And funny you should mentioned respiratory – because ever since we’ve been here lots of us have developed chronic bronchitis. I miss not having open windows and being “sealed” in this building – that they still haven’t figured out the heating/cooling system. Either we’re so hot can’t stand it or wearing polar fleece, etc. Never thought about my skin. Good point!
    Smartsy _ I bought coconut oil (got some at Trader Joe’s that was recommended), everything you can think of. And I do exfoliate but doesn’t seem to help – or I’m using wrong stuff or not doing it enough. That’s why I thought a professional facial might help. I’m also suspect of a new makeup I started using. Put it on this morning & my face is starting to itch.
    Definitely going to check into the zinc.
    I really appreciate all the suggestions and recommendations.

plasticbags
    Participant

I’ve never found facials to have any benefit other than being relaxing for the 90 minutes I’m there. I like the relaxation part so I get them as a treat every once in awhile but I wouldn’t call it part of my skin care regime.

I’d try to rule out the makeup first. I stuck with the first thing I found that worked for me (Bare Minerals) and don’t plan on changing it until it changes or is discontinued. If you had something that previously worked, maybe switch back to it?

gracie
    Participant

Going to do jist that..buying what I used to wear. See if that makes difference.

Stripey
    Participant

I have never had a pro facial, so I can’t help there, but I swear by the fresh face masks at Lush (in Westlake Mall). They also have excellent moisturizers. They’re very good at giving small sample containers if you request them as some of the moisturizers are fairly pricy and only worth it if they work for you.

I will also second the coconut oil recommendation. I have a friend that tells me eating one tablespoon a day has cured a multitude of her ailments, including extremely dry skin. I’m not sure I quite believe it’s a cure-all, but it makes sense for dry skin. She said it took a week or so before noticing any difference, but now she doesn’t even use moisturizer except before bed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement