Fireworks around Adams Elementary

Home Forums Open forum Fireworks around Adams Elementary

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Shelley 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

VeganBiker
    Participant

OK 9:19 PM on Wednesday and they have started. Quite loud but not earth shaking.

Mondoman
    Participant

Yep, had a few around dusk in central Ballard a block off Market.

Catherine
    Participant

Started up by Soundview two days ago. My dog – is looking at me like I’m a terrible dog owner for not making it stop. The rest of the critters… don’t care.

Angeline
    Participant

We had a few here in Western Fremont as well, and louder ones coming from Ballard later last night. Our dog is scared, but we are leaving the basement door open any time we’re not home so she has a place to hide if she needs it.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Well there is a real bomb fest going on in the park at the Ballard Community center now, been going on since before 9 PM. I just notices a group walking around with a mini rocket launcher! Well it looked like one but it was one of those multi aerial bomb launcher fireworks.
    I hope everyone’s pets are safe.
    I have Bob Marley singing songs of love and peace for now..

Cate
    Participant

I hear you VB, or rather I would of I could hear over it. Rather relentless.My two girls are hiding under the covers trembling. The Dylan I have on is not soothing apparently.

Shelley

10:15 PM WWIII seems to have broken out toward Soundview Playfield
    10:30 PM booms and light shows in 3 of 4 directions from my house on Crown Hill

Mynah’s in the basement on valium listening to Jimi Hendrix. Still freaked out, whimpering, quivering, really stressed out. Oh how I wish I could make her a truly soundproof room.

VeganBiker
    Participant

It is amazing, there must be over 30-40 people at the Ballard Playground and hundreds of dollars worth of fireworks going off for over 30 minutes steady. I wonder what these people do with their animals while all this noise is going on? And where do they come from, I can’t believe they are all my neighbors?

VeganBiker
    Participant

I had hear that the Parks Dept was leaving the field lights on at all the fields that have artificial turf due to the cost of replacing if it gets damaged, they should leave the lights on at all the fields and maybe that would make it a bit difficult to see the aerial stuff, but I doubt that would stop all the bangs. What a big pain in the neck this is.

Cate
    Participant

I’m pretty sure it is more like thousands of dollars that got blown up not hundreds. That stuff is pricey and at Adams and the community center went on nonstop for quite awhile. I am amused at the sixties music our animals listen to. I should have remembered to trim nails before tonight. Nellie’s claws have dug in several times at a large bang.

Sunset Hill Irish
    Participant

This year has been worse than when fireworks were permitted in Seattle — you know, back in the Pleistocene era. Near Adams Elementary, on 30th Avenue NW around 63rd or 64th, people have been setting off fireworks since around 8:00. I have one freaked out little Jack Russell Terrier. She needed to do business around 9:00 and was mid squat when a loud M80-like firework went off. She streaked into the house, downstairs to the basement, then under the coffee table in the den. I actually lost track of her for 10 minutes or so and had to search the yard and then the street! Took a bit to get her out from underneath the table and into my lap. Classical music eventually calmed her. Thank you KING-FM! I would call the SPD non-emergency number if I believed it would actually do any good.

61stMama
    Participant

My 2-year-old lab mix and 15-year-old cat are fine with all the noise, but I agree that it was quite the ruckus at the community center this year and we’ve heard no sirens all evening. My tween-aged boys went down to watch and scurried home after watching a full-size aerial misfire and scream into some folks in one of the baseball dug-outs. No one hurt from what we could tell, but left quite the impression. Back home we went. Hope all stay safe and sane with what remains of the night.

Silver
    Participant

I just heard the police dispatcher alert officers that fireworks were being set off at the Ballard Community Center.

Cate
    Participant

Thanks Silver. We miss your reports.

Silver
    Participant

Thanks, Cate!

In other news, at around 11:30 tonight a guy fell off of the top of the Fremont Troll and lost consciousness. Medic 18 is on the scene.

Things seem to be quieting down now, fewer brush fires being dispatched.

Have a peaceful evening!

– Silver

Sunset Hill Irish
    Participant

Add my thanks to you as well, Silver. Teach me for being cynical! I SHOULD have called SPD about both the Ballard Community Center and the 30th Avenue NW misdemeanants. I’m not sure I would want to be any of the youth soccer or little league teams that play on those fields tomorrow or Sunday due to the detonating caps and phosphorous-magnesium-manganese detritus littered about.

Silver
    Participant

Thanks, Irish! I mostly post these things to Facebook these days.

So just before midnight tonight some idiot blew his hand off in Greenwood Park somewhere near 87th and Evanston. The responding officer found a backpack “full of explosives” at the scene, which I doubt that the victim/idiot will be getting back.

Nora Bell
    Participant

The roommate is missing his Siamese. Will do up a post later if she doesn’t come out of hiding by the time I get home from work. But if anyone found one yesterday, a dark colored female Siamese, with leftover mama flab from a previous life with a breeder.
    I think we’ll be seeing a lot of missing pet posts after last night. They started early with the booms.

Shelley

Just saw this posted on Facebook at https://facebook.com/CrownHillNeighbors

Fireworks box

It has a caption:

This and one other just like it found in Crown Hill Park the morning of the 5th. And I foolishly thought TsingTao was beer. Two 12 tube boxes, 500 gr each tube, that’s 12 kilos of stuff that got burned/exploded, etc.

So does anyone know what these are? Loud explosions or mostly show? Enquiring mind wants to know. I’m making a guess that this stuff isn’t cheap.

PS my dog Mynah has almost returned to normal as long as normal includes no trips out of the house after about 6:30 PM.

great idea
    Participant

judging by the adjacent clover for scale, this firework is about 6″ x 8″ x 6″ tall more or less.

I have a hard time believing that would weigh over 25 pounds. maybe it’s 500 grams total?

anyway, I’m no expert but I would think it’s some sort of roman candle, but mostly loud booms (based on lack of color graphics on the packaging).

Shelley

He just e-mailed me back with a clarification —

“est 12W x 16L x 12H. It might’ve been an inch or so taller than wide. Tubes were probably 1-3/4 diam. Don’t have the box on hand. Someone else emailed that Tsingtao is the anglicized name of a city in China rather than a brand, also spelled Qingdao.”

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.