Fireworks around midnight

Home Forums Open forum Fireworks around midnight

This topic contains 23 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Ernie 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

Dear guy who has been setting off fireworks around midnight everynight near 8th and NW Market St,

I hope you run out of them soon.

-Jimmy Rustler

Angeline
    Participant

Ditto. I hope you run out soon, and if you don’t I’m going to be wishing a harsher karma for you. Maybe some kind of itching problem that keeps you up at night would repay all my lost sleep.

Is it the same person? I’m guessing yes. I heard them at midnight and again at 1:30.

great idea
    Participant

actually I know this person and he informed me that he has rationed off his remaining supply to last each of the next 361 days until the next independence day.

he works the late shift, and when he returns home he plays this song really loud while gathering up his lighter and thinking about which demons from the day he wants to destroy:

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

I think I will watch that again after my first visit to the new shop in sodo

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

Botanicals – Make sure to use cash only and park your vehicle down the street;)

Marigold
    Participant

Oh GI, please tell me you are kidding…too tired to decide if I’m being gullible. Please tell me I’m being ridiculous…every night until the next 4th?

great idea
    Participant

“Oh GI, please tell me you are kidding”

unfortunately, yes.

it was fun to make some of you nervous for awhile though.

wouldn’t it be nice to have some outside source you could set your watch from?
    I grew up in a small town where there was a siren the fire station would let howl every day at noon.

wasn’t there a movement to make the ballard bell ring again at a set time? whatever happened to that? if it was my bell, I would just do it!

Edog
    Participant

!!!Never post Cold Play here again you Bastard!!!

For those who need an ear cleanse, the video below should get it done…

great idea
    Participant

you had me… until you posted the Cult (of all bands).

honestly I just googled a song about midnight.

should’ve just posted this to begin with:

Edog
    Participant

Well at least you did not post Clapton. Anyway, whats not to like about the Cult?

great idea
    Participant

hah! before I opened this link I was sure you’d post “after midnight”
    a little too cliche maybe.

as for the cult, well they were a tiny bit cheesey I think. I enjoy some of their songs but I feel like it’s a guilty pleasure.

this is more up my alley:

Edog
    Participant

I know what you mean. For me they come very close to being cheese but somehow manage to save it for me. I only recently discovered they are still recording. I was surprised at how much I liked it. I think they’ve gotten better with age.

pennygirl
    Participant

The Cult are horrid. But not as horrid as Coldplay.

Nora Bell
    Participant

CCR bests them all. However……..

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

I wish they would hurry up with the show. I have to work tomorrow.

Nora Bell
    Participant

Yeah, I have today off but the cat was not pleased. July sucks.

Laura13
    Participant

I think they’ve moved up to the 89th & 16th area. Someone lit off over a dozen fireworks in that area last night around midnight.
    I may have bruises from my cats flying off my bed.

VeganBiker
    Participant

gi – if you like “The Midnight Special” then you will appreciate one of the early recordings, not the first but early.

VeganBiker
    Participant

pg – and this one is for you, this was a big hit when I was a kid in the UK:

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

I heard them at 1:38 this morning. WHY WHY WHY

VB, can’t say I like either version!

VeganBiker
    Participant

BOC – they are both classic! Lead Belly from the 30’s and Lonnie from the 50’s.
    I have to say I did a pretty good version back in the late 60s when I was a busker in London.

Cate
    Participant

VB. loved the Lead Belly link. Now that is The Blues. I am amazed that so much of his work survives.

Shelley

Thanks VB. Really love the Leadbelly version! In the late ’60s and ’70s, I used to love watching Ramblin’ Jack Elliott do that and a lot of other Leadbelly songs in his live shows. He really channeled Hudie’s vibe, speech and singing patterns. All came flooding back listening to the clip above.

We just had a bunch of booms from over near Soundview Playfields (90th and 15th) about 10:45 tonight. Mynah’s recovering faster after the booms, but still very upset by them.

Ernie
    Participant

The Midnight Special always reminds me of this:

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.