Free Meeting Space

Home Forums Open forum Free Meeting Space

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Dawged 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Beverly
    Participant

Hello.
    I am need of free meeting space for up to 20. Does anyone know of any low-cost restaurants in Ballard with free private/semi-private rooms where we could have a working meeting? I tried the Ballard Library but using their space would require us to open our meeting to the public. We are not opposed to that down the road but at least initially we would like to keep it closed so everyone can get acquainted.
    Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Angeline
    Participant

I’d try churches. The Old Peculiar has a back room; no idea how they regulate who uses it.

Enatai70
    Participant

Participant

restaurants are in the business of selling food and drink, not letting conference space.
    The library is good.

Cate
    Participant

Beverly – I’ve held meetings in the library rooms before. Even though they are technically open to the public I have never had anyone just drop in and stay. Now if you have food that might be a problem but otherwise just hasn’t been an issue.

Mondoman
    Participant

9 – many bars/restaurants have back rooms available, especially on slow nights, that groups can use for meetings with the understanding that much of the group will be purchasing food/drinks there.

Dawged
    Participant

Right – as an example, Cafe Mox has a large back room that’s free if you purchase $100 of food/drink in total. With 20 people, that seems easily achievable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement