Go Seahawks!

Home Forums Open forum Go Seahawks!

This topic contains 67 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Ballardgirl 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Ballardgirl
    Participant

Post add test…

Greenwood Cousin
    Participant

I’ll second that!

Ballardgirl
    Participant

Tags are back!

oldguybc
    Participant

To quote a wise old guy…
    To quote a wise old guy…

As I stated back in September:

“Hey! It is nearly upon us, yet not one peep do I hear about the upcoming showdown (first of three, I really believe, with the winner of #3 taking home the prize)
    What say you MyBallard? Love to be up for this game but will miss it by a few days, unfortunately. Best two teams in the NFL, in my opinion.”

prophecy fulfilled… end of rant…

AprilJoy Greenwell
    Participant

I agree with you Old Guy, best two teams. I think the Seahawks will bring it though.

Gosh I hope Percy Harvin is okay and can play but I rather he heal and be ready for the Super Bowl :-)

Miss Wahoo
    Participant

I’m worried about Percy, but hopefully Pete will give us good news during his interview tomorrow morning (or at least by his Tuesday press conference).

I just read in SF Gate that, reportedly (in addition to the Canadian provinces) Only credit cards with addresses from Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii will be allowed to buy tickets to Sunday’s NFC Championship between the 49ers and Seahawks at CenturyLink Field in Seattle.

I’d like to think that we weren’t trying to stop Niner fans from buying tickets. Seats will likely sell out faster than they did for the N.O. game, but still. Hopefully someone local can confirm or deny the story.

Krow
    Participant

!!GO HAWKS!

We’ll get those 49ers this time

@Mrs. Wahoo who cares?

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

Go Hawks!!!!

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

Seahawks vs San Fran is the real Super Bowl

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

It is true that tickets cannot be bought with cr cards that have CA address

Snausages
    Participant

It’s true. And it’s wonderful.

oldguybc
    Participant

be watching it in the comfort of my den with an ample supply of goodies and liquid refreshments, sons & grandsons coming over, be a good time and a game to remember…

Novalis
    Participant

Denver is doing the same thing with their ticket sales also. Limiting the tickets to Colorado regional area.

Miss Wahoo
    Participant

@Mrs. Wahoo who cares?

Since I heard “…ha ha, the Seahawks are SCARED…” every time my DH saw or heard the story, I cared! But I understand teams put regional limits on playoff tickets nowadays, which I didn’t know.

Miss Wahoo
    Participant

@Mrs. Wahoo who cares?

Since I heard “…ha ha, the Seahawks are SCARED…” every time my DH saw or heard the story, I cared! But I understand teams put regional limits on playoff tickets nowadays, which I didn’t know.

Ballardgirl
    Participant

Seems like the hosting city would want many tickets reserved for the visiting team fans, for economic reasons…

Edog
    Participant

I remain concerned that the Hawks were not able to get that second td just before the half. I fear that’s indicative of something bad. The offense is a little stagnant which I attribute to lack of talent at receiver.

Still I think it’s awesome we get to see a third game against the 49ers this year especially when it’s for a NFC Championship.

Miss Wahoo
    Participant

Seems like the hosting city would want many tickets reserved for the visiting team fans, for economic reasons…

Ballard Girl, I think the team would prefer to have as many hometeam fans in the stadium as possible. But I’d think the city (or businesses within the city) would probably make more money from someone flying in from California (such as hotel room, meals, cab fare, car rental, parking), than they would from a fan who traveled from Ballard. Still, I’d much rather have a stadium full of Seahawk fans!

Novalis
    Participant

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

12 cents for a tall beverage at Starbucks on Friday. Wear your Seahawks colors to get the deal!

SunsetHillMarauder
    Participant

According to this guy, we’re going all the way this year. And he’s known since the beginning of the season. I think that settles it.

http://www.komonews.com/sports/Man-gets-Seahawks-Super-Bowl-champs-tattoo-240352141.html

Ballardgirl
    Participant

Mrs. Wahoo, I agree with you on a stadium full of hawks fans, but there is something to be said about the economics of the situation. If all the tickets go to in town fans, we are missing a bit of a boost in other ways. And rather than ‘many’ tickets for the guest team, I could have used a better word, like, 20%? Just enough to fill the nearby hotels, earn some tips for restaurant workers and have more shoppers. We have to pay for the stadiums…Would rather have 49’rs fans contribute!

Novalis
    Participant

Well, on Friday night there were tons of 49er fans wearing their gear down on Ballard Ave.

So either they are from here and rarely wear gear out or there are many fans that traveled here for the game Sunday.

So either way, check your doors and windows are secure … j/k

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

On a short walk today I saw quite a few ratty cars (needed mufflers, low to the ground) driving around with windows open, 5 & 6 youngish guys. The last one that just passed me had a few yelling “wait until tonight Seattle” – that one was riding past BC park.

I wonder if they have red & gold clothing stashed in the trunks.

Aunt Salad
    Participant

I am sending very positive thoughts to the Seahawks for the game tomorrow! Enjoy the game!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.