Go Seahawks!

Home Forums Open forum Go Seahawks!

This topic contains 67 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Ballardgirl 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • Author

oldguybc
    Participant

OK, big game today, let the hype cease, let’s play some football!

zippy
    Participant

I hope Aldon Smith left his guns at home today!!!

GO HAWKS!

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

It’s raining seahawks! Halleluliah

cdpenne
    Participant

Boom!

oldguybc
    Participant

Classless gesture of the season, Sherman’s choke, hope most fans overlook this and Lynch’s rant, well played & hard fought game, brutally hard fought, no need for any of that other bullshit stuff…

ladybuk
    Participant

Oldguybc, I don’t want to start off on the wrong foot with you but Sherman’s choke gesture and subsequent rant to Erin Andrews, (if that IS the rant you were talking about because I did not see one by Lynch), were absolutely retaliatory actions (while admittedly not the most mature). Sherman attempted to tell Crabtree good game after the play (didn’t you see his butt tap and subsequent “I’m attempting to engage” movement towards Crabtree?) and Crabtree stiff-armed him away with a hand-push to the face mask! Talk about a classless gesture from an incredibly poor loser! Sherman was stunned! As was I!

One of the things that bothers me about this “Sherman is a thug” backlash I am seeing is that we congratulate the fierce passion and warrior-like play mentality that these guys show on the field and then we immediately stick a mic in their face, (in this case after a totally inappropriate dis by the opposing team), and expect him to be all Meryl Streep-ing it! I honestly don’t think he was intentionally being a jerk, I think he was flabbergasted by and still processing Crabtree’s stiff-arm to the face and he was mad! Again, it was not the most mature reaction but if we are talking classless and inappropriate, Crabtree is the guilty party there.

SEdholm
    Participant

Apparently Crabtree tried to fight Sherman at a charity softball event over the summer when he went to go shake Crabtree’s hand. As for the choke sign, not classy, but he was mocking the stupid beats commercial. Sherman wasn’t the classiest, but we all know he is a talker. I thought the more classless move was the hit Lane took on the 49ers sideline.

Great game though, hard fought like we knew it would be. We all knew it would be that match up yesterday and it proved right. The D made up for Atlanta in a big way.

Miss Wahoo
    Participant

Perhaps it was because my very own 49ers fan sat inches away from me on the couch, but that was the most intense televised game I’ve ever experienced. When I was happy, he was sad, and vice versa. I could barely eat, kept forgetting to breathe, and hardly drank any of the beer I was looking forward to enjoying (it just came out a few days ago, so timing was perfect).

As for Sherman…I heard he apologized to Erin Andrews. He owes her at least that. I watched and listened to his comments, both the ones he made to her and at the post-game press conference, and while some of it was inadvisable, it was classic Richard Sherman. I know my DH had mentioned that Crabtree was a jerk, but since he hadn’t played in games until recently, I wasn’t expecting what happened. Sherman could have reacted differently and tried to diffuse the situation, to calm things down, but that’s not his nature. Not much we can do about it, but be glad he seems to be a good guy off the field.

Next up: Peyton Manning, playing for our #2 biggest rival in the old AFC West. GO HAWKS!

Rudy
    Participant

Richard Sherman knows EXACTLY what he is doing. His moves on the field and with a microphone are very calculated, and I love it.

SEdholm
    Participant

He posted on theMMQB.com today. Fantastic read.

Rudy
    Participant

It’s worth a watch. He knows what he’s doing.

great idea
    Participant

did he know what he was doing when he got popped last year?

he is entertaining in a WWF sort of way.

ladybuk
    Participant

Oh, I do think Sherman does know exactly what he is doing but there is no way to know if his sole intention was to needle Crabtree with the post-win “good game”, even if their history is used as evidence. (Yes, I have been told I am a bit naive. :)

Rudy +1! I think Sherman is hilariously entertaining. I like my football with a side of sass, (especially when it is retaliatory). Glad SEdholm brought up the charity event debacle. Who starts poop at a charity event?

Different take over here, my S.O. and I were kind of disappointed in Erin Andrews. He clearly wasn’t directing his anger at her and her flustered responses and terror-filled cowering were at best, a sign of woeful unpreparedness (you didn’t know the backstory or see any of the field interaction, ie, your job?) and at worst, kind of offensive. As a woman, the only NFL player I can currently think of that should evoke that sort of fear in women’s heart is Ben Roethlisberger (he of the numerous rape charges).

Krow
    Participant

He goes to tell crabtree, good game, nice effort, pats him on the rear (a common practice in saying good game), what does crabtree do? shoves sherman in the face. Coming off that, remember this is a football game, there will be trash talk, or challenging, get over it. So sentimental all of sudden. It has been, and always will be a machismo sport. Get over it.

Miss Wahoo
    Participant

Yeah, RS is very entertaining! I’ve heard him give low-key interviews, but yesterday, he put himself on the football map. I understand there’s been a lot of racial vitriol, which is especially sad considering it’s MLKs Birthday.

I still feel sorry for Andrews, but you’re right, ladybuk. She stuck a mic in the face of an amped-up player who’d just batted a ball away from a receiver he has some history with, pretty much winning the game (I hope Malcolm Smith doesn’t mind not getting a lot of press). But when Sherman began hollering, and I heard the defensiveness in Erin’s tone, I thought “Wait a minute! No! Richard? Stop talking, don’t do it…”

But that’s our All-Pro, Pro Bowl, outspoken 5th round CB. And I cannot wait to see him go against Manning.

Krow
    Participant

YEAH Mrs. Wahoooooooo

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Hey boys, ignore the crap and Celebrate the Night

Links are not posting but try this http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rnUNBnzXDKs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrnUNBnzXDKs

oldguybc
    Participant

OK, ladybuk & snowflake, you have no idea what you are talking about! Richard Sherman was screaming “HEY! YOU MAD, BRO? YOU MAD BRO?” in his ear… does that sound like congratulations? Three different people who were a hell of a lot closer to what was happening related this, one a Seahawk! Don’t pull that congratulation crap with me! he is and always will be a very talented classless act to me, nothing more, nothing less. And while we are on the subject of no class, the fans that pelted Bowman with skittles as he was being carted off have a lot of that, they are a walking disgrace. I could say a lot more about these & several other instances but will just keep it to myself. Have a nice day.

Pdaddymom
    Participant

OG – yes, lots of classless behavior. Unfortunately, this kind of crap happens in most male dominated sporting events where there is a heated rivalry combined with alcohol. I have friends who went to the game and out afterwards and there were plenty of niners fans who were also acting in a classless fashion. Pretty stupid of them I might add considering they were severely outnumbered. This stuff just happens – let it go and move forward. Sheesh.

plasticbags
    Participant

Football doesn’t strike me as a classy event compared to..say.. the opera or a ballet. I’d still put it above a monster truck rally (derby? not sure what they are called?) but I think maybe people need to adjust their expectations.

ladybuk
    Participant

Oldguybc, let’s just agree to disagree. As for my “crap” opinion, I judged the situation based on what I saw and what I heard; footage of the incident, Sherman’s subsequent interviews/tweets/posts, the interweb explosion of articles concerning the matter and its backstory, etc. I,sadly, am NOT privy to some secret Seahawks’ field-informant so I can only make up my mind based on the information I am given. I left emotion out of it. I am not defending Sherman because of some delusional, love-is-blind yearning for the guy. I like the Seahawks but if they didn’t win, my day would not have been radically affected.

I will say this, though, even IF Sherman was being a total jerk, Crabtree still comes off looking worse to me. There is never an excuse for intentional violence towards another player.

As for the classless person throwing things at an injured Bowman, pretty disgusting stuff. Is it Eagles’ fans or Browns’ fans that throw batteries at their own players when dissatisfied with them? The world is full of classless jerks, but it still doesn’t affect my opinion on the Crabtree/Sherman mess. In fact, Sherman denounced that person pretty harshly afterwards. I, however, am NOT Sherman’s G.D. morality lawyer so again, let’s just agree to disagree about the guy.

You go on an have a good day as well.

plasticbags- Thanks for the much needed laugh! Expectations, indeed!

Mrs. Wahoo- Can’t wait to watch!

ladybuk
    Participant

ps…Anyone know why I can’t stop thinking of this? :)

Anonymous

ps…Anyone know why I can’t stop thinking of this? :)

No, not really… why?

ladybuk
    Participant

RacerX-It may have been the irony involved in the bit of an overreaction detected in this thread’s Sherman topic hijack or maybe I just have an unhealthy obsession with Will Ferrel. Cheers to you and Chim-Chim.

great idea
    Participant

regardless of what you think of Richard Sherman, keep in mind that most of America thinks he is a classless jerk and will be happy to see Seattle lose because of him.
    I think calling out a few guys on the other team stepped over the boundary and I also worry that him being a huge role model will carry over into the behavior we’ll see on local playfields, maybe even supermarkets and such.

imagine walking past a ballard youth soccer match and hearing the goalie yelling at the other team: “get off the pitch you punks. you little bitches have no business being on the same field as me”

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement