Go Seahawks!

Home Forums Open forum Go Seahawks!

This topic contains 67 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Ballardgirl 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

SEdholm
    Participant

I imagine if I saw a kid doing that during the game, the coach or the parent would be good enough to bench the kid and use it as a teaching lesson. I never saw anyone doing any WWE smack talk during the 15 years I ever played anything. This talk has been going on for years, Ali, Sanders, Payton, Barkley, Jordan. This stuff isn’t new

Allison W
    Participant

Sherman doesn’t choose to use profanity, however.

great idea
    Participant

No, he does not and I guess I should give him some credit for that.

He just makes it difficult to like him if he’s not on your team.

Those other guys SEdholm mentioned were big jerks, too.
    Jordan was certainly more accomplished in his sport than Sherman but he still has come across as being disrespectful to his competition and I won’t buy Hanes underwear because of it.

Edog
    Participant

Miss Wahoo
    Participant

Its looking link Crabtree is the prick now!

Yes, indeed it does (although I never thought #25 was being a prick in the first place – just a very passionate trash-talker).

SEdholm
    Participant

Go watch Kids reenact Richard Sherman’s postgame interview with Erin Andrews on youtube. Can’t link to it as I can’t get to it at work, but it is quite entertaining.

oldguybc
    Participant

Hey everybody… listen to the audio, hear the breaks? overdubbed… only a few people know what was actually said between the two of them & both don’t really want to delve into it any more, I am very much in that category, won’t mean diddly in a week or two… have same opinion of Sherman and Crabtree, both are talented jerks.

Anonymous

oldguybc +1

Change the jersey from blue to red and you’re certainly more likely to hear differing comments from the pro-rant group…

Snausages
    Participant

I love our new internet linguists, trying to enlighten us all with their own personal definitions of the word thug these last few days. Please help me experience this phenomenon by posting white people’s interesting new definitions for ‘thug’ that you find around the interwebs. I’ll start.

“When I use the word thug I don’t use it as it is defined in the webster dictionary. I don’t think he is a criminal for hire.”

Ha!

Allison W
    Participant

People who use that kind of coded language will argue until they are blue in the face about how it doesn’t mean what you say it means, even though they totally know what they are saying.

oldguybc
    Participant

Right out of Webster’s:
    Thug: Origin > Hindi thag literally, rogue, cheat
    Wouldn’t go that far in Sherman’s definition, no cheat and minor roguishness , what it is is a complete loss of class, he knows it, it is what it is, to quote Honey Boo Boo’s mama.

Cate
    Participant

Okay Snausages, my white person’s definition of thug was a lower level member of organized crime who acted as one of the enforcers. You know, the guy who broke the kneecaps. But the image in my mind of a thug is pretty much of white guys – Russian, Italian, Ukrainian etc. crime family types. Which is pretty racist on my part I suppose since crime families probably come in assorted shades. Funny, no matter how “PC” we may try to be, we all carry with us internalized images that may have no bearing in reality.

Edog
    Participant

Damn you honkys! Were talking Seahawk football!!! Super Bowl Bound Seahawks and you RFK wannabes want to make it a pity party!

great idea
    Participant

+1 Cate.

I never thought of ‘thug’ as a racist term until R.S. said as much.

great idea
    Participant

my god this is a slow news week that this has become such a big deal.

yawn.

great idea
    Participant

also, Edog, I believe it is ‘honkies’.

Cate
    Participant

I’d guess honky is the singular and honkies is the plural (because it is so important to get the spelling right when you use a racial slur. You wouldn’t want to be thought ignorant after all.)

Ballardgirl
    Participant

NICELY DONE! Go Seahawks!

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.