Gracie's Story

Home Forums Open forum Gracie's Story

This topic contains 56 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Darth Satan 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)
  • Author

oldguybc
    Participant

This story deserves a topic of its own! In my 50+ years of employment I came across so many instances so very much like this one. It all boils down to this: any employee of any business concern has the right to do their job without experiencing anything even close to what Gracie went through. As a young man these instances were the norm, working for Boeing in the 60s it was commonplace and no one ever did shit about it! The managers were probably the worst for not only condoning the instances but partaking in them whenever possible. It was sort of considered “unmanly” not to. Used to embarrass me, as a young married type with both a wife and a mother that worked in other buildings I witnessed more than a few of these occurrences that hit me pretty hard. Wont even go into detail about those.
    Bottom line… just do your job and be a decent worker. They have decency training classes in many big corporations with films just like the VD scare flicks of WW2, at Cisco for one.
    Anyone with daughters or granddaughters will feel my thoughts automatically.

Little Lou Lou
    Participant

Hey old guy, what is this ramble about? Who is Gracie? What the hell? If you want to start a thread you need to communicate. Is this cryptology really code for something?

teigyr
    Participant

?? Yeah I gotta say this is nonsensical and maybe I am missing something?

Re workplace conduct, there are laws now. If it was 40-45 yrs ago (didn’t read the story so maybe it was?) things were different. Now things might not be so different sometimes but at least there is recourse. Mr T is a Boeing manager and trust me, he is very aware of what goes on and completely supports his employees if there is anything bad.

I’m female and have to say, also, that we are capable of standing up for ourselves. We don’t need anybody cringing for us, we actually have thoughts and are capable of speaking them and speaking up when something isn’t right.

Darth Satan
    Participant

Gracie is a liar. She comes her to make dull life seem more interesting. This forum is her last attempt at adrenaline. Feel the power of the dark side!

Little Lou Lou
    Participant

That is just plain old mean as the dickens. So this is about the poster Gracie? She is not a liar, but she is adept at making every thread relate to her life somehow. I believe her stories, but grow weary of them. I don’t remember anything about you but you sound as if she upstaged you once too many times. Sorry for you DS. You are both evidently very lonely. Get out more and experience the life you want.

Rudy
    Participant

For those looking for context, here is the story Old Guy is referring to:

Happy Svetende Mai Norwegians and "honorary" Norwegians

gracie
    Participant

I am Gracie and as true with so many threads it went from Norwegian Independence ( Constitution) Day to an uncalled comment by one about the cheerleaders of Ballard High School needing to “skip a few meals.” From there it went to my experience with a boss who grabbed me in the crotch. Instead of sexual assault it was handled as sexual harassment. I was younger and not as confident as I am now and didn’t know what to do. Remember thinking I can’t do anything because he is the “higher up boss” Fortunately there were witnesses to the assault. The man was ultimately let go.
    And OldGuy – my brother worked at Boeings for 40 years. He met a woman there & they ended up dating. But he said she always kept her curtains closed at home, walked with her arms crossed, always holding back on feelings. Turns out she was daily subjected to rude comments as she walked through shop about her boobs, what they would like to do to her. She said something to boss & like you said, nothing was done. “It’s a man’s world so learn to live in it” she was told!!!
    So, so, so glad the work environment has changed and things like this are not allowed. Still to this day I’ve had men and women I work with say, after hearing about my situation, “you could have owned the place with a law suit.”
    Thanks for your comments oldguy.
    Lucretia – “Dark Vadar” is just another name for another poster who makes the exact same type of comments. He always is on the attack on many and his comments mean nothing to me.

oldguybc
    Participant

OK, just found the group “Rants that require no response” and will try to use it from now on. Gracie, sorry about all the publicity around your story, it brought up a sore spot for me and I just vented. You so remind me of my beautiful daughter Deanna, she is a working mother of two beautiful kids living in Novato, CA, some of the things I have read from you on this forum I have heard come out of her mouth, you’d love her, she is a kick in the ass!

PS… yeah, Darth Satan… get a life, or a reasonable facsimile…

gracie
    Participant

That’s okay, oldguy. Sounds like you are a great dad to your daughters. And like I mentioned this “Darth” dude he has posted under so many different names but always the same format – IMHO totally juvenile reponses.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Just ignore posters like “Darth Satan” they have nothing worth reading and they do not deserve a response. Most folks on this forum want to have enjoyable and interesting interactions with other people. Posters like “Darth Satan” just want to get under your skin and cause a reaction, that can only happen IF you let them. Ignore them and eventually they will go away to some other place.

Anonymous

VB +1

Darth Satan
    Participant

Gracie’s fiction is the doom of this forum. It bores us and invites trolls.

Allison W
    Participant

Gracie’s story rings true with me on so many levels. I was a young stagehand in the 1980s and the things she talks about ring true, but I never had the guts to take anyone down. I hope that Neal Johns, Frank Cox, and Uldis Zarins made sense of what they did to me and how it affected me. I’ll never forget what any of them did to me.

Darth Satan
    Participant

Allison is lieing. Everyone knows that theatre people are gay.

VeganBiker
    Participant

“Darth Satan” why would you want to post hateful messages on this forum early in the morning (or anytime for that matter)? Did you you get out of bed full of hate?
    The 6 messages you have posted are all nasty! Why?

gracie
    Participant

VB – Follow your own advice (excellent advice by the way) and ignore him. He is a child-like person who just wants to rile people. He isn’t worth the ink on paper. I know his other monikers from previous times, i.e., like the Chinese guy, possibly Fabio. Just stupid, idiotic comments.
    Hopefully Allison doesn’t fall for his crap. There is NOTHING he says of relevence.
    And Allison – I’m sorry whatever those men did to you. I can only imagine. Hopefully, like where I work, things have changed. Plus, I bet you are a stronger woman these days – as myself.

VeganBiker
    Participant

gracie – you are right, I should follow my own advice! :)

We need more strong women! Talking about women winning.. one of my co-workers at CBC is a sister of “Jeopardy Julia”! Julia is the current champion and has so far won more money than any other female contestant on Jeopardy! I hope she keeps winning…

gracie
    Participant

AWESOME. Yep, we definitely need more strong women. I wish I was at the time this incident happened. But I was very very young (not excuse – just hopeless feeling I couldn’t do anything because he was “big boss”). But if that guy was still around right now and did that to me – oh hell to the no.
    Go Julia!

MidWest
    Participant

Internet Troll:

Darth Satan
    Participant

Playing you for the toys you are.

oldguybc
    Participant

Blue! NO, YELLOW! AAAAAAAiiiiiiiiiii…

Allison W
    Participant

My story’s real.

By the way, all three named individuals are no longer alive.

gracie
    Participant

Allison I believe you. If you are referring to that so-called Darth Satan person he is just trying to rile people. Remember when he was that Korean idiot (I said Chinese before – meant Korean). This is just one more mask he is hiding behind.
    I bet you didn’t shed a tear when these jerks passed. I don’t know what, and don’t need to know what they did, but can tell in your few short sentences the pain, anger is still there. If you weren’t strong then, you are now – and like it says “in something bad there is always something good.” In your case and mine, we are now stronger women who won’t put up with that sh*t.
    So glad all men aren’t like these select few. There are still good men out there but damn, George Clooney went off the market!! Be well, Allison.

Cate
    Participant

I have a good friend who is retiring from Boeing this year; she started in the late seventies and worked on the line for her first 15 years. What she would tell me about being the only women on the line in her location is pretty bad, similar to what gracie experienced and with no support from the union or management. A woman friend who drove busses for Metro before women drivers were common tells similar stories. I think women in so-called “blue-collar” fields had a really rough road establishing their right to be in the profession.

Darth Satan
    Participant

Its time to take this over to Leanin and start a circle.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.