Gracie's Story

Home Forums Open forum Gracie's Story

This topic contains 56 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Darth Satan 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
  • Author

great idea
    Participant

the seventies really were a different time.

there are some things I miss about it though. sigh.

gracie
    Participant

My incident was later than the 70’s. And like the women here talking about working at Boeing’s, etc – I, too, work in a male dominated field. For long time I was the only female in office.

Allison W
    Participant

My stuff was all in the early ’90s. Yes, blue collar.

Darth Satan
    Participant

Go sponsor a tedtalk and spread your confession somewhere else. Nobody here cares.

Little Lou Lou
    Participant

Now who is lying Allison W? One of you past coworkers is living abroad but the internet web is accessed from all over. Nice try but dishonest.

Allison W
    Participant

I’d like more information on that. There’s nothing dishonest about what I said–they were all members of my Local and I paid Death Assessments on all three.

Darth Satan
    Participant

Rage on let that hate flow through you!

gracie
    Participant

I don’t understand why someone would take the time to research the names. Does it really matter? And why call people liars when you don’t really have a true, honest basis for it. Allison, what counts is that you know the truth. What someone else thinks, insignificant. I’ve been accused of lying here several times and I just want to say “yep, sitting here trying to think of a made up story to post.” I HATE liars.
    And how can anyone think that you are not smart enough to post names of people who are alive that you are saying did something to you. Seriously.
    So don’t worry about it. Okay?

pennygirl
    Participant

Lucretia, there are plenty of people the world over who share the same name. It doesn’t make them the same person.

oldguybc
    Participant

OK, gotta relate a specific at this point… my mother took a job at Boeing after all of us were grown and my parents found themselves “empty nesters”. She worked across the field from Plant 2 at an installation called the “B-70 Hanger” named for something I’ve never been able to figure out. I frequently visited her for lunch and coffee breaks when I was in the vicinity.
    One day as I was entering her building I was met by an elderly ex- marine looking guy who was employed as an Air Force Inspector, GS- whatever, you know the type…
    This clown dragged me into the work area and pointed out a lady hard at work at her bench and said “look at the tits on that one!” in a fairly loud voice. I calmly smiled at him and said “That’s my mother, asshole!”
    The look on his face was priceless, oh for the lack of a cellphone video back then.

gracie
    Participant

OMG, oldguybc. I swear Boeing and where I work are one and the same. The “tits” comment -forgot about where I had gone on a diet, lost some weight. These “men” co-workers come up to me and say, we have a question for you. And stupidly I say okay, what’s that? And the comment “we are wondering how you managed to lose weight and you still have big tits” Oh so glad those days are gone – for the most part. And so glad I’m stronger now and won’t put up that that crap.
    Your poor mom.

Allison W
    Participant

That time is definitely NOT gone.

Darth Satan
    Participant

The only thing missing from this thread are Care Bears, rainbows and hard core p@rn

pennygirl
    Participant

It took you three goes to edit 15 words? That is sad.

Darth Satan
    Participant

Your lack of appreciation for the forum is noted old one. Own your rage. Feel the power of the dark side.

teigyr
    Participant

So I’d say though that either things need to be let go or maybe counseling is in order. Again, I am female. By whining about stuff, especially things that happened 30-40 years ago, only weakens us. Everyone objectifies people. EVERYONE. We do it at the grocery store, we do it at work, it’s always there. Appearance, how one presents themselves, and how we judge them, it is there. It’s what we do with it that matters. If someone is in a position of power and uses this judging (unless it’s a contest) to hold a job over someones head, then that is misuse and the legal system can assist.

We go to a lot of burlesque, drag shows, and other “objectifying and stereotyping” type shows. We can break down body parts, talk about weight/cameltoe/lack of tucking/whatever. We’ve discussed tits (fake or real, etc, male or female) and all sorts of stuff. We even (oh the horror) discuss weight on cheerleaders or sports figures though I wear my Panda hat proudly.

For the love of all thats holy, get over it. If someone offends you, tell them. If it’s in the workplace and you’ve exhausted all resources (ie talk to them, not the forum) then go to HR then escalate it. What happened 30-40 yrs ago shouldn’t really be scarring anyone so much and again if it is, help is readily available. Am seriously thinking a competent counselor could replace the creation of several MB threads if not more.

saffythepook
    Participant

Thanks for the voice of reason, Teigyr.

Cate
    Participant

All kinds of stories are shared on this forum. What they mean to the individual telling the story is not for the readers to say. There is a difference between objectification and harassment and abuse. And what is whining to one may be storytelling to another. In any case, suggesting counseling based on these postings is over the top and uncalled for. It is hardly the voice of reason.

gracie
    Participant

I have to disagree to some extent. What that man did to me was sexual assault..not objectifying. I did nothing to provoke it. Am I scarred by it? No. Do I classify men in one group? Heck no. There’s millions of great guys out there. I have had some misfortunes in my life so far..many oeopke have, exboyfriend attempted to rape me to make me “hate him”, later another exboyfriend, who I broke up with because found out he wascheating with neighbor in my place while I was at work, he forced way into my place and held me with knife to my throat. He found out somehow I was going on first date since we broke up. Bad choice on his part because my d ate showed up who was a cop. Off he went to jail for assault. And from these experiences it has made me stronger I hold no hatred to any of them. What is the purpose.
    I had completely forgot about comment about my chest until I read oldguys post. There are women (and men) who are scarred. Not me. Still love men, love sex ;) only issue took awhile for me was trust but once I learned to forgive, trust came back.

teigyr
    Participant

Ok, might be a form of story telling that could benefit from counseling or having friends.

Look at it critically – and impartially.

Smells Fishy
    Participant

Sometimes this stays with them so as they don’t want to be touched many years later. Ask me how I know.

gracie
    Participant

Thank you, Cate. Well said.
    Teigyr..you are making assumptions and for what it is worth, I do have friends.. one since I was 3. I just read this elsewhere and can apply to some people here..not only here but to all.

Before you assume..learn the facts.
    Before you JUDGE..understand why
    Before you hurt someone..feel.
    Before you speak, think.

pennygirl
    Participant

Gracie.

This is getting ridiculous. I am sick of hearing about your tits. And your ex-boyfriends. And everything else, to be honest with you. Maybe it’s time to spend the summer with Pickles and not bother about stuff here.

gracie
    Participant

Wow pennygirl, what happened with you! You have gone from friend who helped me last year when I had that creep bothering me ( you and buffalohawk and you approached me first) I want to say sorry if I offended you but don’t feel warranted. Am I going to stop saying something because you don’t like it. No. Just suggest maybe you not open anything where my name shows. Again, wow how you can change from a caring person to “go for the throat” is mind boggling. And you may notice I did not start this thread here..dear sweet oldguy did.
    Should I suggest you go elsewhere than here ..no. that was uncalled for. And fyi, I have never brought up my chest before..oldguy’s story about his mom just reminded me of that time.
    And Pickles, she is going to be 2 on June4th.

oldguybc
    Participant

Pennnygirl, jeesus, use the rant thread, OK?
    My nephew Monty uses the expression “TC” for these instances, comes from my built- in Bluetooth on my jalopy… Transmission Complete

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.