Has anyone noticed..redux

Home Forums Open forum Has anyone noticed..redux

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  great idea 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Matthew
    Participant

The grandmother in “Family Circle” is pretty much a robot?

Oh, and how much the Pink Floyd songs “Echoes”, “Fearless” and “One of these days” all off the “Meddle” album, rock so frickin’ much ? ( In particular, the second half of “OOTD” can peel paint. Roger Waters bass playing on that , with David on the Strat, is very difficult not to appreciate fully.

IMHO

MidWest
    Participant

Roger Waters overdubbed more than one bass track for OOTD, giving that song a distinctive sound.

(Vaguely related: Chris Squire used a quarter to pick “Roundabout”)

Matthew
    Participant

Now that is good music trivia.

I wonder if Sean Connery ( aka “Zardoz” ) still has that outfit. I would prefer not see it on the Scottish separatist at this stage in his life. I do believe Borat styled his manthong after that intitial design.

John Lodge’s bass on “Eternity Road” fairly rocks as well.

oldguybc
    Participant

hey, Matthew, wow, a guy trapped in the 80s, rare breed…

Matthew
    Participant

7os actually, but wtf, i am pathetic notwithstanding. ambarrassed and regretting my recent posts. thanks though

MidWest
    Participant

Meddle and Fragile are almost ’60’s albums. The Moody Blues reference is from the ’60’s, so the ’80’s were just a faint glimmer in the distance when these all came out.

great idea
    Participant

I’m not so sure about the grandmother in “Family Circle”, but the Jetsons had a maid who was a robot.
    her name was Rosie.

“Family Circle” was a very strange comic strip. it was never any funnier than the old “Ima Norwegian” cartoons we were subjected to.

the only time it was mildly interesting was when they would show an aerial view of the neighborhood and the path of distractions that Billy took home.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement