hueys

Home Forums Open forum hueys

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  gnoman 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

gnoman
    Participant

3 hueys (military choppers) over crown hill headed east. wonder what they’re off too

pennygirl
    Participant

They flew directly over my house. Very loud and a little intimidating.

Edog
    Participant

They were trying to intimidate you, Penny! Hide your Cockle Hat and don’t let this Scottish vote go to your head. READ: Greenwood will not fall into the hands of Welsh Separatists. That Bog stays in the USA!

collingswood
    Participant

Very likely not Hueys as that model is no longer in service. Possibly Chinooks from Paine Field Reserve Base in Everett.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

Probably Apache or Black Hawks. The Chinooks are massive heavy lift helicopters.

boatgeek
    Participant

I’m pretty sure they were Chinooks, the big beasties with twin rotors. Definitely loud for a weekend morning.

SunsetHillMarauder
    Participant

Expect to see more military helicopters over the neighborhood. They added a bunch more to JBLM a while back and they train constantly. Or surveil you. Take your pick. Just be glad its not the Russians.

great idea
    Participant

actually, if there were three of them, it was most likely huey, duey, and louie.

you can blame their uncle donald, but it won’t get you too far.

Mondoman
    Participant

gi – exactly! I couldn’t tell from the thread title whether it would be Apocalypse Now or Make Way For Ducklings!

pennygirl
    Participant

They were Chinooks.

Edog
    Participant

Just another sign that when the famine and pestilence start we’ll have war too.

gnoman
    Participant

<grovel>
    Indeed, they were chinooks. Twin rotor massive beasts moving slowly. Seen them many times around here, seem to travel in pairs or threes. Sorry for the confusion. I actually know better.
    </grovel>

PS I tried to edit the post right after, but it didn’t let me change the title, so I probably added to the confusion by putting “(military helicopters)” as a qualifier after in the actual post.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.