I miss the old forum..

Home Forums Open forum I miss the old forum..

This topic contains 65 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  waughoutwoud 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • Author

VeganBiker
    Participant

Hey I can type pretty fast even when I am inebriated…

teigyr
    Participant

ack. Now I’m having gender identity problems. Not with me, but with PG and VB. But in that, I might be having it with myself too.

VB, in Cascade rides do people (the leader esp) generally wear a Cascade jersey or identify as such? I saw what appeared to be a beginner rider group going on quite possibly the most idiotic route I could ever imagine. It was maybe 10-15 riders with a leader, I kind of felt bad for them. That and they didn’t stop for a stop sign at Dayton (which is a semi-major street here) and all filed around a roundabout while cars had to wait. Then they had to cross Greenwood. Not on a major intersection. I was going to check the site to see if there was a ride going then decided I didn’t really care. The poor riders though, I hope they learn better.

(edited to add the leader was not wearing a Cascade shirt or jersey. It was, I believe, Discovery Channel or something like that.)

Ernie
    Participant

What was idiotic about the route? Was it just that they had the audacity to ride where cars were trying to drive? A side street with traffic circles seems like a good route for cycling.

It is a shame that a few drivers had to pause for a moment to allow a group of their fellow citizens, who have just as much right to use the road, to pass by.

Angeline
    Participant

The only thing I don’t like about the new forum is that when I log in, I get kicked back to the MyBallard main page. That’s pretty minor, although it has stopped me from posting a couple times when I was in a rush.

+1 Penny on the forum contents. I don’t miss people getting upset so often, and I like the birdwatching posts.

We can always talk about Hobby Lobby!

great idea
    Participant

did you mean +1 for Penny or for VeganBiker (who assumed her avatar?)
    unfortunately, it’s too late as that point has been logged.

I like the new forum, especially the way you can embed images & videos so easily.

teigyr
    Participant

Ernie, I hope it wasn’t your route :)

What was idiotic was that these were very beginning riders. I think in the beginning it might be wise to teach rules of the road and how to co-exist with cars. I also felt it was difficult for everyone to keep together being on a narrow road with roundabouts as they approached a VERY major road where they had to cross an uncontrolled (for vehicles) intersection. I understand that there’s a lot of reality in cycling but the basics should probably be covered (keep to the right, stop at stop signs-which they didn’t do, follow the rules that cars do) before the cyclist grows up and decides to break all the rules anyway.

pennygirl
    Participant

Trying to cross Greenwood anywhere other than at a major intersection isn’t a very good idea. (Speaking from experience)

VeganBiker
    Participant

teigyr – sorry about my avatar, I just missed seeing Mrs Peel. Hope my new avatar is not as confusing. :)
    Cascade Bicycle Club daily rides are all led by a certified ride leader. The ride leaders can wear whatever they want, however all riders have to wear a helmet. I am a little confused as to where you say they were riding? Dayton and then Greenwood? And was that on July 2nd, what time of day. It should be possible to figure out from the CBC calendar if it was a CBC ride. If it was a CBC ride then it would be a good idea to send your feedback to the Rides Manager -Stacey Williams – staceyw@cascadebicycleclub.org
    I can’t see any rides listed on the CBC web site for July 2 in the North Seattle area. So it is possible that it was another club or some other organisation.

Shelley

It seemed there was a lot more PUI happening in the old forum, which added (sometimes) to the entertainment value.

lakreitz
    Participant

In the early days there was suthii who I think might have been banned from the forum. But I think he just returned as stopgo.

Anyone remember SeattleMedic? He offered rides to the airport and around town – I think he might have been unemployed. Mr.L was traveling a lot at the time and used him and some of my neighbors used him. Then some killjoy on the forum ratted him out to the city for violating for-hire vehicle regulations. He was an early Uber/Lyft pioneer.

Jonathan
    Participant

I recall the heady days of Henry art, sidewalk devouring strollers, and dog poop everywhere! :)

Hey, what was that noise?!

pennygirl
    Participant

I remember SeattleMedic. I also remember Jonathan :-)

Shelley

There was also the case of the cat thievery by a rather entitled person.

And what has become of the scanner reports by the beloved Silver?

Has H8 made an appearance on the new forum? [this should cause that to occur]

Jonathan
    Participant

1d grrrl, I’m still around and still hikin’ and bikin’ and teachin’. Hope you are doing well.

Cate
    Participant

I miss some of the people on the old forum but I quite prefer the new forum. There was a bit to much Strum ind Drang in the old forum. This calmer forum suits me just fine.

JM98107
    Participant

great idea
    Participant

thanks for posting that JM.

what a bunch of horse shit!

lakreitz
    Participant

What an a$Sh@t! I was walking past that shop earlier in the week and noticed his lame and pathetic signs. I knew at the time it was crap. Most folks with a brain do, but would a normal, sane person challenge him by parking there? You’d return to a car with key marks or flat tires.

oldguybc
    Participant

Bottom line… forum is just a real good way of keeping in touch with a lot of great people, some I’ve met, some I hope to some day, maybe this fall, some probably never, but still and all it is what it is, a communication device… and that’s all I have to say about that.

PlantLover
    Participant

I think Doug11 (but not his smokin’ hot girlfriend) returned as StopGo. Doug11 wasn’t banned, he left in a pronounced huff. Besides the similarity in their writing styles, Stop(the forum)Go(now I am back) seems like a clue.

When I was working from home on a book the forum was a way for me to connect with the world and make sure I was not the only person left. Now I check in from time to time to see what is going on and get hooked up with news about the ‘hood. I don’t mind a bit of snark (I am on record as missing the tags!) but mean-spirited stuff is never OK. And I do miss Silver and her up-to-the-minute news reports.

Happy 4th, everyone! Where did our sunshine go?

Shelley

PlantLover, wasn’t Stopgo very negative on the Gross Out moving into 15th and 87th? For some reason I thought his name meant “Stop Grocery Outlet”. I think sometime after they opened, he claimed to be employed there and was chiming in on the non-safety of the food there.

PlantLover
    Participant

Yes, he was negative on GO, but I thought that started after he was already on the forum. But you could be right. Their writing styles were very similar though.

pennygirl
    Participant

StopGo was Stop Grocery Outlet. He also saved a dog from a fighting ring up on 85th and Mary, so don’t say a bad word about him. He is the only person who ever did anything good on this forum.

The dog was returned to the owners on 3rd.

great idea
    Participant

this is the same person who was kind of cyber-stalking Silver, right? in a very creepy manner, so that she seldom posts anymore :(

but yes, “He is the only person who ever did anything good on this forum.” that volunteering thread was all a big sham (not to mention all the altruistic people that don’t come on here to brag).

pennygirl
    Participant

StopGo never bragged about saving the dog. The dog’s owner came to the forum asking for help. With the info given, StopGo was able to locate the dog’s whereabouts (in the clutches of some very nasty people) and return him to his owner.

I don’t know anything about him supposedly cyber-stalking anyone.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.