Impersonation

Home Forums Open forum Impersonation

This topic contains 51 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Life is amazing 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • Author

pennygirl
    Participant

When I was locked out, I happened upon a beer post from Beerated Consort (or whatever his/her name is) When I clicked on it, it was a long term poster – exact same amount of hours/seconds posted. Shame on you. Leave Alli alone.

Allison W
    Participant

Thank you, Pen. You know I would do the same if the situation were reversed.

pennygirl
    Participant

Hopefully that will put a stop to it. If not, I will name names.

Edog
    Participant

Oh just name names already nobody cares.

pennygirl
    Participant

You obviously care because you posted. But this has nothing to do with you. End of.

Allison W
    Participant

Kind of interesting that the poster is not even hiding behind their regular screenname. Seems like that would be plenty of anonymity for insulting people on the Internet.

Edog
    Participant

I mean does anyone care if ones cover is blown? I’d say in this postmodern forum, nobody does.

Allison W
    Participant

Don’t you?

Edog
    Participant

I don’t think it matters anymore. This place does not get a fraction of the activity it once did.

lakreitz
    Participant

Thank you for the vivid image Edog!

great idea
    Participant

yes, go ahead and name names already. no one will deny you their delicious soup.

and while we are at it, what’s the deal with there being no pastrami at the hillbilly qfc?
    does your kid still work there penny?

totally serious, I went in there looking and the butcher-looking dude said it was only available in the deli since the demand had dropped so much in past years.

meanwhile at safeway, there are 3 or 4 pre-packaged pastramis available.
    what’s going on here anyway?

pennygirl
    Participant

He no longer works there. Anyway, I thought you despised the hillbilly qfc. What happened? Did they ban you from the Ballard branch?

great idea
    Participant

I never despised it. in fact, I adore the big, wide aisles.

however, I really was shocked to find no pastrami . there is some sort of conspiracy at hand.

such a fancy, newly-remodeled store can make room for a few packages of lunch meat.

(too bad your son is no longer there. I’ll have to plant another mole–stopgo, are you out there?)

pennygirl
    Participant

If they have it at the deli what’s the problem? Or do you specifically want pre-packaged stuff?

great idea
    Participant

I would prefer to not wait at the deli, particularly because that store tends to attract older people who move rather slowly.

really though, it’s more the principle of the matter. when I asked the guy stocking shelves in the meat dept., he said that it was a result of the bad economy– like people weren’t eating pastrami anymore. I find that ridiculous.

are you going to tell us who the beerated consort is, or do I have to jump through all those hoops to figure out myself?

pennygirl
    Participant

Is pastrami expensive? I don’t eat the stuff myself.

I’ll just wait for Beerated to show up and tell me I am mistaken.

gracie
    Participant

Pennygirl – welcome back! I missed seeing your posts. Good on you about this beerated consort issue. You helped me so much when I had that issue last year – you and BuffaloHawk – which reminds me – has anybody heard from him? Hoping he is good and that he is still in love with I believe her name here was like Whippet something?
    Allison I want to apologize for climbing your frame last year. Some comments you made just struck me wrong. Sorry.

JM98107
    Participant

Doesn’t the Ballard Market have pastrami? I find the folks in the deli very friendly and helpful most of the time.

What is Beerated?

pennygirl
    Participant

Not as interesting as pastrami, JM98107. In fact, I think I am going to try some today. I’ll even queue up with the oldies at the hillbilly qfc.

great idea
    Participant

you know penny, pastrami is the most sensual of all the salted, cured meats.

if you hit the hillbilly Q, ask them what the deal is.

Allison W
    Participant

No worries, Gracie. Sometimes my directness and my dry sense of humor are off-putting.

Edog
    Participant

I love a good deli sandwitch but can’t stand pastrami. Its too direct and dry I find it off putting.

Allison W
    Participant

That schtick’s even more unfunny than I remember it.

plasticbags
    Participant

Boars Head makes pastrami seasoned turkey breast which is pretty tasty.

The Hillbilly QFC was confusing to me when I went once. I thought I’d reached the back of the store but there were checkouts there. The fancy QFC also confuses me because they peel the skins off of the onions before selling them. But it’s walking distance so it wins.

Edog
    Participant

There is nothing fancy about the fancy qfc. I think it should be called the hobo qfc because of its proximity to Ballard Commons.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.