Justifier of drone strikes on Americans court nomination NBR

Home Forums Open forum Justifier of drone strikes on Americans court nomination NBR

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mondoman 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mondoman
    Participant

Just wanted to let people know that the author of the still-secret(!) justifications for drone strikes against American citizens overseas is being considered by the Senate for a Federal appeals court judgeship.

If this concerns you, or you would like to have the written justifications released for public view by the citizens they target, contact both Senator Murray and Senator Cantwell to tell them your opinions.

Smells Fishy
    Participant

Tell us more about it. We are out of town and have not read the paper.

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

I’m pretty sure it was for drone strikes against US citizens believed to be members of al-Qaeda. I guess we will know more when the memos are released.

Mondoman
    Participant

JR – yep, *IF* the memos are ever released — the administration currently refuses to release them. Here’s the story I read:
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/05/obama-court-nominee-wrote-memos-authorizing-drone-attacks-on-americans/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement