Lost Dog

Home Forums Open forum Lost Dog

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Ipomoea 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Kimberly
    Participant

Hey, I’m new to the neighborhood and my German Shepherd, Nadia, ran away this morning. She went missing around 8:30 near 65th and 15th. She’s about eight years old, very friendly, and medium/large build. She isn’t chipped and doesn’t have tags but she is wearing a pinch collar and has a tattoo in her ear. Please call if found. My number is 206.753.7298. Thanks!

-Kim

great idea
    Participant

Unfortunately I could not stop to help her, but I saw a dog matching this description at 12:40 PM or so. She was running around 63rd at 28th. Good luck!

Miss Julie
    Participant

I have to stop by the shelter to pick up supplies tomorrow so I will take a look and see if she is there.

Nicole Simon
    Participant

I saw her on 63rd and 34th. Tried to get her to come to me but no luck.

Kimberly
    Participant

Found her! Thank you to everyone who looked and called.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Yeah!

Aunt Salad
    Participant

I am glad you have your dog back, but was surprised about “has a tattoo in her ear”. I wonder why you would do that to your dog.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Commonly done with German shepherds and some other breeds as an id — not sure to ID the dog or the breeder?

Ballardgirl
    Participant

Kimberly, I am so happy you found your dawgie! A note on tattoos for dawgies: At first, I thought it was an inhumane way to identify a pet, then I found out that tattooed dogs can never be used for research. While I do not want to ‘mark’ my dawgie, and have him chipped and always in a collar, perhaps a simple ‘too could be ok? One more note, it is tempting to take the pets collar off in the evening to make them comfortable. I am of the ‘keep the collar on’ school, because, who knows what will happen.

Life is amazing
    Participant

My first dog had a tat in her ear. It wasnt inhumane because it was done during her spay surgery. This was before chip.

Cate
    Participant

Geez I am so literal. Of course it’s done under anesthesia. (I was visualizing some seedy tat parlor and a big guy in dirty jeans holding a 100 lb German Shepard down.)

Shelley

My dog has a 2-1/2″ line tattooed on her belly. The vet said that indicates she was spayed. My brother’s first dog (German Shepherd) had both a chip and an ear tattoo, but that was a looooong time ago.

Life is amazing
    Participant

HAHAHA! you are so funny. Oh great Cate now my brain has taken that and run with it. The dog sitting in the chair with his own dirty jeans on holding a beer. Hey, he could be having ‘Bitch’ put on his bicep instead of ‘Mom’ HAHAHAHAHA!! Get it? Hahaha female dog get it? Hee hmm i clearly need some kind of mental stimulation.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Cate, and I thought I was literal! Great vision!

LIA, You just crack you up! That is the funniest part.

Life is amazing
    Participant

Hee
    Thats the thing about us inordinatly self absorbed people. We can produce, direct, and star in the show and as long as we got us as an audience, we’re happy ;)

Cate
    Participant

SA – I didn’t really think they took the dog to a tattoo parlor – that would violate health regulations after all. :)

Kimberly
    Participant

Oh my goodness, I not only have the most helpful new neighbors but also some funny ones too! Dog in a skeezy tattoo parlor. Hilarious. She’s actually my grandparents’ dog, I was just watching her for the night. I sincerely hope they get her chipped (my dogs have always been chipped and tagged) because I think it’s way easier to identify animals that way, but they’re set in their ways. Sigh. Thanks again for all the help (and the much needed laugh once she was found)!

Life is amazing
    Participant

Welcome to the hood!

Life is amazing
    Participant

Oh, and your grandparents have excellent taste in dogs :)

Ipomoea
    Participant

regarding ear tattoos: registered racing greyhounds (greyhounds bred and born into racing lines, not necessarily dogs that raced) are tattooed as puppies in their ears, with their identifying litter # and birth year so that if they’re lost, they can be identified by the group that finds them. I have a retired grey and she has tattoos in each ear, and when I type them into the greyhound-data.com database, she pops up.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement