Non emergency phone number

Home Forums Open forum Non emergency phone number

This topic contains 29 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  gracie 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Gilman gal
    Participant

I am fed up.

Can someone post the non emergency number or one of the links containing the information. Is there still a fella designated to our area?

Thanks, and hello to those I know!

oldguybc
    Participant

Hi GiGi, haven’t seen you in a few years and missed you last time I was up… you are far too nice, smart and beautiful to not have a happy life, pray to god you can find one and put whatever and whoever is causing you not to smile waaaaaay behind you, please find a way, honey…
    PS.. next time up, drinks are on me

Gilman gal
    Participant

Hey handsome, looking forward to next time.
    Peace to you and yours,

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

SPD wants you to call 911. They will triage

Gilman gal
    Participant

I’ll not call 911 for my particular issue, but thanks Botanicals. Bet you have a beautiful yard!

gracie
    Participant

Non emergency number is 625 5011. I believe to get direct to someone you first hit2 and then 8

VeganBiker
    Participant

Gilman Gal – are you OK? Can we help in any way?

Gilman gal
    Participant

I’m good Vegan, I’d throw up a flare if it were real bad.
    Just gonna try to clean up my hood, safe biking to you!

pennygirl
    Participant

GiGi! Where have you been hiding? Good to see you back! Hopefully you aren’t dealing with too much nonsense in the hood.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

That ‘non-emergency’ goes right to the 911 system

Richy
    Participant

GG, SPD created the non-emergency number to get folks to the police with issues that they thought were important but not wanting to tie up 911 switches, it did not work well and was more of a bother – they would like everyone to use 911 (more efficient and less expensive – also some of those “not really important” calls turned out to be really important).

So use 911 there is more then enough capacity to handle most everything, AND the bonus is you can easily remember the number

VeganBiker
    Participant

GG – glad you are OK. Like Richy posted call the 911 number. That is what I do when we have crazy things happening at Adams school or the Community Center. I was told the same thing as what Richy said, every call to the 911 number is logged and they can track trends etc. in your area.

gracie
    Participant

Richy, I am sorry but you are wrong or misinformed. 625-5011 is still the number one should call for non-emergency situations. And like I said before, if press 2 and then 8 should get you to someone. If it is determined it is more of an emergency than non-emergency the Communications person would forward to 911.
    Botanicals- It does go to 911, in a manner, but to the operators who are handling the non-emergency calls.
    I verified all of the above with the SPD.

Little Lou Lou
    Participant

gracie, your scold tone is ridiculous. maybe you are all correct. it might be different times of the day or different days of the week but when i last called the 6355011 the answer was 911 what is your emergency so it would seem that the call was auto forwarded to 911, wouldn’t it? do you think people are just making this up? no wonder no one believes you you don’t believe anyone else and scold them too.

so everyone, sometimes the non emergency calls get forwarded to 911 and some of the SPD people know what is going on with 911 and some don’t, OK.?

gracie
    Participant

I only called the police because I never heard/read about the 625-5011 situation as Richy stated. He was obviously misinformed by someone.
    Like I said, in a manner it does go to 911 but when you call 625-5011 it is directed to the non-emergency lines of 911. And yes, they will still answer 911.
    I never said anyone was making it up nor did that thought even cross my mind. Why would they? And talking about scolding tone you are beyond that – I DO believe what is said to here but in this case it didn’t sound correct. And for Christ’s sake I wasn’t scolding. I was just letting Richy know he was misinformed
    And here is a “scold time .. ALL SPD employees know what is going on with 911 – you apparently don’t. There – I have now officialy “scolded” you.
    And to everyone – please continue to use the non-emergency number for those non-emergency calls.

Little Lou Lou
    Participant

blah blah blah who even hears you anymore?

gracie
    Participant

Right back at you. Having a bad hair day or something? Sure are on the nasty side. Oh well, maybe that is your personna.

Molly Torres
    Participant

I just called 911 to report the theft of my son’s bike and the theft of my bike’s front wheel. Asked for the non-emergency line. Operator told me to go to http://www.seattle.gov/police/report/default.htm where you can report non-emergency crimes online.

FYI – watch out for bike thieves around Southeast Ballard!

gracie
    Participant

Good to know, Molly. And sorry about the bikes. Makes me mad that stuff like this happens all the time. Is there anything distinctive about your son’s bike that I could be on the lookout for? There was a small RV, with graffiti all over it, parked on south side of Safeway on 15th and Market. People here saying lots of bikes showing up there.

phoo
    Participant

Gracie: Just don’t feed Lucretia anymore. Clearly a troll and looking for any stray goats to steal.

RichY: I have to wonder if that is why our 911 system is broken. Officers don’t get dispatched immediately to actual emergency situations and often emergency situations are told that they aren’t an emergency (infamous case, though not Seattle: The murder of the two boys by their father). The operators always seemed burnt out to me and I wonder if misusing the line like this is part of the issue.

Richy
    Participant

phoo, 911 dispatchers are people, they make mistakes, maybe poorly trained or other reasons, but the folks in Seattle will triage in about 60 seconds to the type/location/service needed and move that call along or transfer the call to the non-emergency intake desk.

Sometimes things are happening that are MUCH more urgent then the item being reported, such as a shooting v/ a car break in or a house prowl (there are only a few police on duty in an area at any given time.

There were some urban myths about being put on hold with the 911 system (could have happened pre-1980) because of the fear of blocking a real emergency people would not use 911 (to this day) to report much except what was perceived as “real” crime – as described by TV shows.

They would flag down an officer or go to or call the station to report these events (survey showed that about 60% of these events were never reported, do not know the number, too much effort and so on) thus the non-emergency number was implemented, it is in use but still Seattle surveys show that 38% of the citizens do not report using this system and only about 9% use 911 for these “non-important” reports.

This info helps track crime, and sometimes helps in real time events – such as the Greenwood murder/robbery

Seattle has proposed using a 311 (easy to remember number, so hoping for more use) system to auto route all city services and non-emergency reporting. I retired when the city council was discussing it and no longer deal with communication issues – I am much less stressed now

gracie
    Participant

Richy, very well said. Sounds like you worked in Communications. I imagine it is a stressful job – especially during a situation like a shooting, police officer shot, etc.
    Phoo – you are right. Thanks for the good suggestion. Definitely going to do that.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Phoo, not everyone with an unfavorable viewpoint is a troll. Troll seems to be a popular buzzword for someone you dont agree with. Not by just you, but several people here. I was just called a troll by lakreitz and clearly I am not. I have never seen Lucretia as a troll, but she is obviously no fan of gracie. So what?

Anonymous

…not everyone with an unfavorable viewpoint is a troll. Troll seems to be a popular buzzword for someone you dont agree with. Not by just you, but several people here.

BOC +1

great idea
    Participant

“Troll seems to be a popular buzzword for someone you dont agree with”

that’s funny when i think about the little ‘troll’ post on the front page of the blog.

Trolling the neighborhood: Can you guess where the troll has been?

perhaps they should employ ‘beerated consort’ or ‘lucretia’

He said Crete honey (he called her Crete)
    Said if somethin’ worse happens to me after awhile you get yourself a good man

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.