Since you have helped with a vet..how about an Americanized Chinese restaurant

Home Forums Open forum Since you have helped with a vet..how about an Americanized Chinese restaurant

This topic contains 27 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Jules 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Jonathan
    Participant

I like Americanized Asian anything. Louie’s is great and has that cheesy ’70s “Oriental” look and feel. Edward Said would have been delighted. Panda Express has also hit the spot after a week in the trenches.

That being said (pun intended), the only authentic food of any ethnicity/religion/region/whatever is only cooked in kitchens of private homes or street carts or very small pension-type lodgings where most stomachs fear to tread. Everyone claims to want authentic, but in a very sanitized, Disneyesque way.

briarrose
    Participant

Of course Jonathan. We always ate at the Greenwood Mandarin and I am mid century. The Ballard Mandarin in some of the same people and we still eat there. I don’t recall it was any different when I was a kid. What’s changed in what we now order.

Jules
    Participant

Snappy Dragon has green beans so delicious I suspect they have crack in them. I love Louie’s, and if you order the walnut prawns, you will thank me. We used to drive out to 143rd and Greenwood for Ho Yuen’s, but alas, it is no more.

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.