Pastor Driscoll

Home Forums Open forum Pastor Driscoll

This topic contains 79 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Cate 4 years ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author

MayorOfBallard
    Participant

Did anyone else see this Friday? …looks like it’s now moving into a national story it would seem.

GAM
    Participant

They are now consolidating churches. Presumably, since Ballard is home base, it will be the last to go.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024485113_marshillxml.html

Cate
    Participant

GAM – is Ballard home base as in Driscoll (still) lives in Ballard? I thought when they moved the headquarters to Bellevue that he went too.

GAM
    Participant

I could easily be wrong. I hadn’t realized the headquarters had moved. Perhaps ours is now only the first location, and no longer the headquarters.

Just let me know when we can make it a hardware store again.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

They are taking over Skarbo’s and will have an ongoing “Going Out of Business Sale”

donarb
    Participant

Besides their church at the old Ernst location, Mars Hill has offices in an old warehouse a couple of blocks north on 14th. That may be their headquarters.

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

What a wonderful human being Mark is;)

http://time.com/3304861/pastor-mark-driscoll-penis-homes/

Yes, really. Men’s penises are on loan from God, and women were created to be “homes” for men’s penises. So much for any claims of men and women being “equal before God.” No, men were created by God and loaned penises. Women were then created by God to be penis homes.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

BH – just saw that myself, there are no words to describe my disbelief at those ignorant comments as espoused by Driscoll

on a day when Ray Rice got canned by the NFL after the video of him attacking his then-fiancee, now wife, surfaced publicly one can only hope Mars Hill will move just as quickly to distance themselves from their pastor who clearly hasn’t figured out yet that women are people too.

PlantLover
    Participant

Yikes. “But, though you may believe your hand is shaped like a home, it is not.” For real?

Edog
    Participant

Suddenly this thread reminds me of this song

Shelley

He’s like a teenager that never grew up. No, actually most teenagers are respectful.

And he makes the Seattle Times again. I think they need to throw him under the bus and move on. He’s like toxic, radioactive waste that’s never going away.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024534198_marshillprofilexml.html

For years the edgy, blue-jeaned, hipster preacher used charisma and combativeness to barrel through turmoil, once bragging that he’d mow down all who questioned his vision: “There is a pile of dead bodies behind the Mars Hill bus, and by God’s grace, it’ll be a mountain by the time we’re done,” he once said in a meeting. “You either get on the bus or you get run over by the bus.”
    […]
    But recent formal complaints from 21 former pastors include anecdotes from the past two years.

They charged that Driscoll referred to himself as “The Brand” and said Mars Hill would always be about “me in the pulpit holding the Bible.” They said he threatened to shred a former pastor’s new church “brick by brick,” and they said he lied about how much he’d known about the book-sales-contract fiasco.

JM98107
    Participant

The Mars Hill caliphate is crumbling. Maybe Ramtha’s School of Enlightenment will take over the building?

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Yeah, good ole Ramtha

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

I think we all knew this was coming but still WOW!!

http://www.seattleweekly.com/home/955011-129/mark-driscoll-resigns-from-mars-hill

Shelley

It might be good for MH in that they can use him as the punching bag for everything wrong with the church. Probably won’t have much effect on the anti-woman nature of the teachings though.

MayorOfBallard
    Participant

Another article here…

MayorOfBallard
    Participant

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

I wonder if all the hipster sheep will be holding a candlelight vigil at Tin Hat tonight;)

VeganBiker
    Participant

I was just wondering if the MH building will become another Ballard brewpub!

GAM
    Participant

The building makes a fine hardware store. Perhaps Stoneway Hardware can be persuaded to move a couple blocks south?

And isn’t it about the right size for a bowling alley?

Yup.

Cheese
    Participant

A huge yoga studio would bring some nice karma back to that neighborhood.

phoo
    Participant

So…. he can claim that his penis really is a gift from god to women? Just wow.

Shelley

I hear there’s about 40,000 sf available right now.

Mars Hill Church on the market for $8 million

What will happen to the My Ballard forum? The various MH threads account for a large portion of the activity.

Bean Dogger
    Participant

First he takes a leave of absence, then he resigns, attempts to flee to Brazil, next come indictments of fraud and embezzlement, a trial, sentenced to 10-20 in Walla Walla, then he joins the aryan nations gang in prison.

Cate
    Participant

Shelley – the plan is to sell the property and have Mars Hill lease it back. I can’t imagine any potential buyer wanting to enter into a lease back arrangement with them. Their current finances/diminishing congregation doesn’t speak to their being able to make the lease payments. It was just a year or so ago that they were trying to buy the piece of land over in Bellvue and offering to pay $250,000 over what anyone else offered. It appears they were operating off of hubris for quiet awhile.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.