Shelley – Crows

Home Forums Open forum Shelley – Crows

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Novalis 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

pennygirl
    Participant

I can’t post a response there, because I am not a member of the group.

Maybe you should just walk your dog on a different route. That sounds like it’s a little departure from where you live. Try going north tomorrow. If the same crows bother you, then you have a problem.

Shelley

Thanks pennygirl, I walk her a different route nearly every day. With the firecrackers off and on at night, I’ve been making our morning walk about 5 to 5.5 miles, so we cover a lot of territory, basically big loops from home to Carkeek and south to 80th then back to home, weaving through the streets in between. The biggest masses of crows seem to be in the tall trees on either side of Holman just east of 12th. There and the two poplar trees in my neighbor’s yard. I don’t think the crows are following us, but who knows — I can’t identify them as individuals. This is the first time we’ve been dived at, and it was a bit startling for us both.

Novalis
    Participant

May try wearing a hat or if you wear a hat a different one, same for a coat.

Could try dropping a treat , like a French fry or a piece of bread will distract them , though do that before the start to swoop to you.

Guessing are overly protective because of the nests this time of year.

Haven’t heard the whole story, about this. May edit later.

Novalis
    Participant

Try an Umbrella maybe ?

Didn’t know that the other sub forums were restricted, seems wrong to me.

Has it always been that way ?

AprilJoy Greenwell
    Participant

Ballard For The Birds is open to anyone and everyone ! There are no restrictions what so ever on joining it. I didn’t ever send any invites after creating it because it’s not restricted at all.

Pennygirl, if you or anyone else has not been able to join, please let GeekySwedes know!

pennygirl
    Participant

April, thank you, but letting the GS know anything is like – I’m not going to say. If you started it you can let people join.

great idea
    Participant

I don’t think you need anyone’s permission penny.

I couldn’t respond to that world cup thread for the longest time.
    then one day I just clicked on ‘join group’ and it immediately said ‘you are part of this group’

thank goodness as I was concerned Rudy might reject me (since he started the group ;)

AprilJoy Greenwell
    Participant

The Bird Group should be just a click “join group”.

I will look to see if there is somewhere for me to “approve” but so far, I’ve not received any messages asking for me to approve. I’ll go double check but I’m fairly sure when I set it up I set it up for no approval necessary. Some sort of glitch may occurred so I’ll go log into settings.

AprilJoy Greenwell
    Participant

Double checked and it’s on the public setting so anyone can click join and post. Anyone can send invites to others if they are in your friend list.

Back to the Crows, LOL, last summer when I could still take walks, I was dive bombed so I used an umbrella. A couple weeks later, I read you can win crows over with peanuts so I took some on my walks. When they would fly behind me and caw I’d turn and hold up a peanut in the air and talk nice to them. Then I’d put the peanut on the sidewalk and walk away. It worked!

Novalis
    Participant

I joined it’s open now, not that it wasn’t earlier.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement