Sirens galore around 10AM Sunday

Home Forums Open forum Sirens galore around 10AM Sunday

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Silver 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Mondoman
    Participant

Lots and lots of sirens going through downtown Ballard (not sure where to) from 10AMish onward. It seems to have quieted down around 10:15. Nope, another one coming just now.
    Anyone know what happened?

SunsetHillMarauder
    Participant

2 alarm apartment building fire at 2850 Nw 56th St.

SunsetHillMarauder
    Participant

Sounds like they have it under control now thankfully.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

is that the Telemark?

calliope
    Participant

Fire is tapped, but a huge response was called in to fight it. not sure what this means, but they ended up calling for a “211 response”…fire marshall and public info officer are enroute.

msballard30
    Participant

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

yes it’s the Telemark, I used to live right by it until last summer. not sure if it still is but used to be a low-income housing complex.

great idea
    Participant

wow, that building is huge!

I wonder if the owner of the little house next door made a big stink when it went up in ’75.

Silver
    Participant

Hi all!

I have been having trouble logging on to the forums on MyBallard, and today we finally figured out why. Anyway it’s all fixed. I wanted to post about this fire because I did listen to it on the scanner this morning. The fire was on the alley side of the building, which might not be obvious from the photos on various news sites. The good news is that there do not appear to be any injuries.

Curtis
    Participant

Glad there were no injuries or deaths.
    I’m also glad to see you, Silver, reporting in. This forum seems to be lacking some of its old luster. Maybe others are still having issues logging in? Though I don’t post a lot, I had difficulty signing back in after ” the change”.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

as I thought, it’s still owned by SHA: http://www.city-data.com/king-county/N/NW-56th-Street-44.html#prop_260722

saw somewhere else that there’s only 24 units in the building, they must be quite big.

Life is amazing
    Participant

Silver!!!

Mondoman
    Participant

Good to hear from you, Silver!

Thinking it was privately owned, I was wondering if the fire damage would cause the building to be torn down and a 6 story microhousing tower built in its place…

Silver
    Participant

Nice to be back! Thanks!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.