skarbos, the endless sale signs

Home Forums Open forum skarbos, the endless sale signs

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  lakreitz 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

illiopico
    Participant

Just getting tired of seeing the endless sale signs throughout downtown. Anyone else?

Avocado Head
    Participant

We went in once to ask about what was opening next door (The furniture consignment place) and the person on the floor tried to murder us with his hate-vision.

I’m curious about what is going to go into that weird space when they finally decide to stop liquidating.

-Avo

illiopico
    Participant

It’s very misleading that the signs say “liquidation and retirement sale”. The store is not closing and the advertising leads one to believe they are. Who is actually driven to visit a business by seeing a sign holder?!?! Skarbos used to be a classy business…what happened?

Miss Julie
    Participant

Well, it’s no “Free Sexy Panties.” The sign holders need to up their game. Take a page out of the Love Zone book…

Ernie
    Participant

It’s hard enough to turn left onto Leary from 20th without having to try to see past the dude waving the stupid sign. I think it’s time to pull the plug on that “retirement” sale.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Very misleading signage. a big “50%” leads one to think 50% OFF, but it is 50% of inventory. The day I went in– months ago, I had assumed the former, and so many people came in assuming the same.

Ernie
    Participant

Just saw a TV ad, apparently we’re “in the final hours” of the big retirement sale…

Avocado Head
    Participant

So like another month or two then, lol…

GAM
    Participant

When I was there a week ago, they said it was the final week. That would jibe with it being the final hours now.

illiopic: Agreed that Skarbos used to be classy. I wonder if they sold the whole lot to a liquidation company and this is Skarbos in name only? I think I’ve heard of that being done.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Yes, very common when a business does not wish to sell its name. They do a limited deal with a liquidator.

lakreitz
    Participant

Nice to hear I am not the only one tired of the never-ending ‘sale’. As a bonus, yesterday I got a nice lung full of second hand smoke from the Skarbos sign waver at the SW corner of Mkt & 22nd as I waited for the walk light. He had a smoking buddy with him.

The sale reminds me of an old Almost Live sketch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0q1i2mqMgs

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.