Skunks

Home Forums Open forum Skunks

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  MontanaAdams 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Shelley

I’ve noticed several times in the last three weeks or so, the very strong odor of skunk when I’m out walking Mynah in the AM. I never noticed it before in Seattle and assumed they just weren’t present in town. The odor seems to be strongest along 105th between 9th or 11th and 14th, but I also have been smelling it on 14th near Woodbine.

Anyway, just a heads up in case you or your pet runs into one. Definitely not a pretty operation to deodorize a dog or cat that has been sprayed, says she with the experience of trying to do same on three farm dogs when we lived in North Dakota.

Mondoman
    Participant

Is Mynah a bird? :)

Lou98107
    Participant

I have seen a few live skunks in Ballard, but they’re usually on the move. Perhaps it’s something belonging to the skunk cabbage family?

Shelley

Mondoman, Mynah is my dog, about 75 lbs of mostly german shepherd in appearance picked up from the OHS a few years back. She and I walk about 5 or 6 miles a day.

Lou98107, I think these are on the move because I smell it in different places. Skunk cabbage I would expect the odor to emanate from a fixed location.

FWIW, there was a post in 2012 on the old forum here by “cloudblues” but I can’t see the 11 responses. http://www.myballard.com/forum/topic.php?id=12794

Gardening Angel
    Participant

Hmmm….a few months ago I smelled a skunk smell around Stone Way and 41st. A local worker explained that it was a pot grow shop in one of the buildings nearby. She said that it was REALLY stong during the harvest.

Shelley

Gardening Angel, who woulda thunk it? Dope grow in Blue Ridge. And they’re not sharing …. What is the world coming to these days? ;)

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

I love the smell of a good crop in the morning;)

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Last evening as I drove through the Market St / 3 Av intersection, I smelled a very strong skunk odor. It dissipated as I drove south. I had almost forgotten that frequent VT smell!

MontanaAdams
    Participant

These topics are good for me to work on, but we need some work on it for 123helpme review. I guess that there is so much to do here that we will not be able to learn anything new from it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement