Snowing! Yippee.

Home Forums Open forum Snowing! Yippee.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  SmartsyArtsy 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Cate
    Participant

I just looked outside and it is snowing! Hope it snows all night (and sticks).

Avocado Head
    Participant

Love it!

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

YEAH!! Now I am telling Lillie she has to go out instead of the other way around!! Snowball fight! I won. Lillie doesn’t have skills!!

Edog
    Participant

Snow!

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

People abandoning their cars on rte 16 in Tacoma! In 3″ of snow! Really?

lakreitz
    Participant

Snowpocolyps! Snowmageddon! Excitement!

Don’t be too hard on other areas SA. I headed out for a dinner down south a ways. The roads were pretty slick in some parts to the south. Ballard was tame. Was fun to see groups (of big ‘kids’)
    out playing as we got close to home.

Cate
    Participant

The temps are hovering right around 32 degrees – right where the roads are slickest. In my walk around the neighborhood didn’t see any stuck cars though; lots of people (and dogs) having fun.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

I just made a snow lady on top of my car. It is beautiful out there with all the tree branches lined with snow– so pretty!

What a week! The game, the parade, and the snow woooo!

I saw some of the coverage of accidents– it was bad; glad I could enjoy it.

phoo
    Participant

Roads are better! I had a good time driving down to Market with other cars not around. 15th was good and clear except the turn lanes. Parts of 65th were dicey – just enough for me to get a feel for driving/slipping on the snow. It’s not as bad as last night, so I’m thinking it’ll melt by tonight, assuming we don’t have an additional cold front come in.

Shelley

Beautiful up here on Crown Hill. Think I’ll skip getting the e-bike out to go down to the Farmer’s Market this AM though. My neighbor and her kids are out rolling snowballs. Think I’m gonna go and join them.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

woke up to the snow this morning and immediately realized I don’t have a snow shovel!!! had to clear off a few walkways around here with an over-sized metal dust pan instead. Guess I’ll add that to the list of things to pick up at Home Depot on the company’s dime next time I get out there. Had quite a bit up here at top of Sunset Hill, most of it has melted away now. sure hope it’s got tomorrow as I have a lot of errands to run that are time-sensitive and Mother Nature isn’t a valid reason for being late :(

Novalis
    Participant

Live about 2 1/2 blocks north of Market Street on 24th, and had about 3 inches of snow here. Walked down to Ballard ave. late lastnight, and they had about 1 1/2 inches.

Odd I thought, twice as much snow in such a short distance.

Ernie
    Participant

I noticed the same thing Novalis. Walking home from ye olde Ballard at around 11:00 the snow got heavier each block north of market. It seemed like the temperature gradient was such that 25 ft of elevation was making the difference between rain and snow.

Cate
    Participant

Saturday night snow is just about perfect. Can go play in it as it falls, wake to it in the morning but with it all clear for the Monday morning commute.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Agree with you Cate. That was so nice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.