tagger bike?

Home Forums Open forum tagger bike?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Catherine 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Shelley

I’ve seen this bike a couple times “zooming” off in the U-District. Anyone know anything about it?

Cafe Bambino saw it chained up outside their door. They think it might be tagging related. What say ye all?

tagger bike?

Here’s Cafe Bambino’s FB posting:

Mondoman
    Participant

Is it legal to lock a moped to a City bike rack/anchor?

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

He/she could just be a legit artist?

Shelley

Yeah, JR, that’s actually what I want to believe. But this business owner in me that’s standing on my other shoulder says otherwise.

Mondo, I have no idea. I know I see those Vespa motor scooters up on the sidewalk sometimes, not getting ticketed by parking enforcement. I don’t even know how a moped is treated in this state. When I lived in California, they had to be registered as a motorcycle if they were 50 cc or bigger.

Cate
    Participant

Mopeds have to be registered as a motorcycle…but looking at that picture I am wondering if this is scooting in as a motorized bicycle. Back in the day I had a friend with a gasoline powered bicycle that did not need to be registered (kind of like today’s e-bikes). I’m kind of thinking its an artist just because it is so public. Edited to add that mopeds have to be registered for on street use. If they never go on the streets not needed, or soy beach friends tell me.

Shelley

Cate, ++++ “I’m kind of thinking its an artist just because it is so public.”

Catherine
    Participant

That pretty much looks like the stuff I take with me when I am painting over tagging… 3-5 common colors of fence/wall/dumpster paint in a spray can, because that’s easier (don’t talk about the environmental mess) than cans of paint and rollers. Litter pickup stick, bags. I think this is one of the good “guys”.

PS – no self respecting tagger would carry a litter pickup stick.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.