The Long March begins

Home Forums Open forum The Long March begins

This topic contains 61 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Edog 5 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author

teigyr
    Participant

Good points, Matthew. I think this team has promise though – some things are coming together that I haven’t seen before.

And I do forget how young this town is and how young the teams are. I grew up with the Dodgers but the SoCal version. It IS so incredible to go to where the old teams are and the history along with generations passing down season tickets. Say what you will about the Red Sox but Fenway is incredible. For a while we were trying to go to a new ball park every year, that kind of stagnated but we’ve talked about doing it again.

For anyone inclined, there is a 5k at Safeco weekend after this one. It’s called Refuse to Abuse and you get to run all around the different levels (including ground level where the locker rooms are and then through the suite level – I feel like someone should tell me not to run!) and end up finishing out on the warning track. For anyone not as inclined but more Seahawks inclined, they have a 5k on Labor Day where you go around the stadium and finish on the field. There will be a beer garden. At 7:30am :) I go both ways, will be there for both.

Matthew
    Participant

Thank you. I think the Ballard SeaFood Fest, the West Seattle Fair, and theatre in the park, all have my attention this weekend.

Enjoy and stay safe.

M

Shelley

Good game yesterday. Beautiful day to sit in the stands. M’s lost, but hey, an extra inning for the price of nine. And they’re still over .500, and still in the elusive hunt for the post-season. ;)

Matthew
    Participant

Yes, was a pretty day for another loss at the ball park.

Edog
    Participant

Post season is nonsense talk for this team! Again, this season has been a lot of fun, but finishing 500 is the only goal that seems reasonable and even that will take some effort. August is going to be a real test as they face Baltimore, Atlanta, Toronto, Detroit, and the Nationals! And as bad as the Redsox look, I’d be surprised if they don’t push the Ms.

Edog
    Participant

Shelley

Edog, still looking bad for the postseason? The PI is thinking maybe not, but who knows?

Seattle Mariners in prime position in wild-card race

Matthew
    Participant

Hey, it’s fun watchng the team scrap it’s way into contention. I will be the first to congratulate them if/when they qualify for the post season ( even if that entails a 2nd wild card slot, and the commensurate complaints surrounding that artifice).

Miss Wahoo
    Participant

I was listening to the Hawks pregame on the radio, but had the M’s game on the TV. We might well have a very fun September, sportswise.

Shelley

Good game today. Mariners beat the Nationals. Could have used a bunch more fans out there for a team that is supposedly contending for a wild card berth.

Matthew
    Participant

And not such a good game yesterday.

Edog
    Participant

Well August ended with some bumps, but they were nearly .630 for the month! Overall they played much better than I thought they would. So I have to give the Ms their kudos. I guess they could get that 2nd wildcard spot!

Still its always been hard for me to take the wildcard seriously, so the second wildcard gets even less respect from me. Ratings Hurrah!

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.