The moon tonight 2/1/14

Home Forums Open forum The moon tonight 2/1/14

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  VeganBiker 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

VeganBiker
    Participant

Did anyone happen to see the amazing crescent moon in the West tonight? I saw it from Sunset Hill Park at about 7 PM and I could see the complete disc outlined in shade and the thin light of the crescent moon, lit from the sun setting over the horizon. Amazing, I just wish I had a really good camera and lens that could capture that.
    I hope you were able to see it.

Gardening Angel
    Participant

I’m in Longview and the moon was amazing here too. There was also a bit of low fog coming off the river which made it even more beautiful.

Kate
    Participant

I saw it. It was just lovely.

gracie
    Participant

I noticed that as I got out of my car about the same time. Pretty amazing.
    What wasn’t amazing was this morning at 6:00 scraping ice off my car with a credit card! Couldn’t find my ice scraper. Man, my hands were frozen.

Mondoman
    Participant

Yep, noticed it low in the west from the Ballard Market parking lot and paused for a moment to appreciate it. It’s nice to be able to see some celestial objects every now and then in a cloudy, light-polluted city.

great idea
    Participant

it was a magnificent sight. the dark side of the moon was much clearer than this evening for instance.

fwiw, when I see something noteworthy, my last inclination is to whip out my camera and record it. many of my friends are remarkably quick on the draw to capture the moment.

are we programmed as such, or are some more enamored with the technology and what they CAN do?

VeganBiker
    Participant

gi – I don’t think we ever see the “dark side of the moon” from earth. But we can listen to the album! :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.