The theft and un-theft of a bike in Ballard and pottery gone now too…

Home Forums Open forum The theft and un-theft of a bike in Ballard and pottery gone now too…

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Life is amazing 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

I heard a good story this week… A neighbor of mine at my studio in Loyal Heights had an old and very recognizable bike. When they moved in, it was left unchained (couldn’t find the bike lock in the chaos of moving) amid a lot of other things in the back of their property, accessible from the alley. Then one morning it was gone.

A couple of mornings later, driving to work, they were on a slow approach up to the Ballard Bridge, and guess what they saw right underneath the bridge, just laid down as if on someone’s lawn??? She popped out of the car and quickly grabbed the bike fitting as best as she could in the very small car, having to leave the hatch open!!!

She told me this story after I told her that I was sad about the second theft of pottery outside my studio. I had left a few pieces on a little display, acknowledging that they might be stolen. But now that 4 pieces were gone in 2 episodes, I put what was left back in the studio.

So, if, one day, anyone sees pottery being sold under the Ballard Bridge, let me know! :)

Mondoman
    Participant

I like it!
    BTW, what’s the cool red flower(?) in your recent avatar?

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Those are beautiful Fuschia.

Mondoman
    Participant

Thanks – I apparently missed out on flower ID! Checking out wikipedia, I see that among fuchsia trivia is:
    Fashion fuchsia is a color used in fashion when a slightly less saturated color than shocking pink is desired. It also goes by the name Hollywood cerise.

Going further down the trivia rabbit hole:
    Shocking pink is bold and intense. It takes its name from the tone of pink used in the lettering on the box of the perfume called Shocking, designed by Leonor Fini for the Surrealist fashion designer Elsa Schiaparelli in 1937. This in turn was inspired by the Tête de Belier (Ram’s Head), a 17.27ct pink diamond from Cartier owned by heiress Daisy Fellowes, who was one of Schiaparelli’s best clients.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

My aren’t you the color historian!!

lakreitz
    Participant

I hadn’t realized that Shocking pink is an actual color. I thought the shocking described the jarring nature of the color.

As for fuchsias, the annual show at Locks has already passed. It was July 26 – always lots of lovely flowers to admire.

Life is amazing
    Participant

I’m so sorry about the thefts. I don’t get that. Is there just more and more people being raised without ethics?
    Is your studio public where people can come and see your work? What kind of stuff do you do? Botanicals? On clay maybe ;)

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

LIA, you can email/call and come by when I am there. I do have a display inside the studio. The thefts were from a small outdoor display. You do know who I am, don’t you? Did my new- ish avatar name through you off?

Life is amazing
    Participant

Yes, are you by any chance a smart a person who’s kinda artsy?

Nora Bell
    Participant

I highly recommend the studio experience, LIA. :-)

Life is amazing
    Participant

Thanks nora. Sounds nice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.