Twelve Months of Christmas!

Home Forums Open forum Twelve Months of Christmas!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Angeline 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Edog
    Participant

Hey all you lazy slobs of Ballard! Take your holiday decorations down already!!! It’s almost March for f@cksake!

JoyBird
    Participant

LOL! If the lights are blue and/or green, it is because they left them up or changed them after Christmas, to support the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. Personally, I don’t mind the lights in the Winter. It brightens the dark nights.
    On another note….
    I saw a Christmas tree strapped to the top of a station wagon at Fred Meyer yesterday. It was a bit dry but still rather green.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

I like the lights too! Especially the blue ones.

Edog
    Participant

I’m talking about Christmas wreaths with red bows! Take the mess down!

Angeline
    Participant

Is my St. Patrick’s day wreath offending you? I did take off the red bow since Valentines Day is over. Soon it will turn completely brown and be ready to have a couple plastic eggs wired on for its turn as an “Easter nest” door display. Not sure where to go from there…

Cate
    Participant

I thought they were Winter decorations and could stay up until the Equinox.

saffythepook
    Participant

I say keep them up all year and make every Friday black!

Edog
    Participant

Some wreaths work though winter. Dad used to make a real nice one out of box wood and keep it up over the fireplace until March. The ones gracing my street are full of symbols and images that belong to Christmas.

gracie
    Participant

I saw what was once a fresh Xmas tree at the curb to be picked up by the garbage folks just the other day.
    I thought I would like the lights up all year because takes some the dullness out of gray days. But then thought not – because wouldn’t appreciate them as much come the holidays. And yes, the obvious Xmas wreaths, decorations – it’s beyond time to take them down.

Angeline
    Participant

I was kidding about the wreaths, though I have forward-cycled holiday decor before — that one year we never carved the pumpkins into jack-o-lanterns, so I sprayed them with glitter “frost,” stuck some evergreen branches underneath, and called them Christmas decorations. I’ve noticed lots of people near my house had up a mix of white and colored lights for Christmas and have taken down the colored ones, leaving the white lights to stand in until we get a little sunlight going later into the evenings. I am all for that idea.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.