What is your favorite dive bar?

Home Forums Open forum What is your favorite dive bar?

This topic contains 91 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  Life is amazing 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 76 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Author

Life is amazing
    Participant

What I’d like to find is a good dive bar that has a pool table and a clientele that didn’t celebrate reaching drinking age last week.
    Don’t get me wrong, I like 20 somethings and 30 somethings but I don’t want them to make up the majority of my fellow drinkers.
    Any of these places you’ve mentioned for the 45 and over crowd?

oldguybc
    Participant

LIA, come on down here… dozens of dive bars and kickback joints of all sizes, shapes, ethnic origin and gender preference, hell make that hundreds!

Life is amazing
    Participant

I just may take you up on that :)
    When you comin’ back here for a visit?

lakreitz
    Participant

LIA – Targy’s on QA at 6th & Crockett might fit the bill for you. It is a hidden gem, full of regs. They have two pool tables. Just started serving hard stuff. It’s been around for a long time and is not well known outside of the neighborhood.

Edog
    Participant

Over 45, LIA? The sloop does not cut if for you?

briarrose
    Participant

Simple really. A LINE AT 6AM. Nothing like that exists in Seattle anymore. Too generic here now.

Edog
    Participant

I thought the milk and cookies mixer at the Landmark was your more your scene, Briar?

Nora Bell
    Participant

Baranofs in Greenwood fits your bill. Has a pool table and most of the clientele have senior bus passes.
    The Lockspot also. Some youngsters find their way in, but not many.

earldanger
    Participant

Can I just say how excited I am that y’all are calling me a YOUNGSTER?! I’ll take it! Even if that means none of you would want to grab a drink with me because I ruin the cool, divey vibe.

phoo
    Participant

LIA, when I’m between classes again, we’ll have to have a night out! Well, unless you think I’ll detract from the crowd you’re looking for. ;)

Laura13
    Participant

Funny that no one has mentioned Goofy’s.

briarrose
    Participant

Both Baranof’s and The Lock Spot are primarily restaurants not bars.

Baranof’s is wonderful BTW but not really a bar.

Creo
    Participant

Joe Bar in the ID. No food, cash only, happy hour is from 6am to noon and the bathrooms are plenty scary.

oldguybc
    Participant

LIA, hope 2 be up in Sep, have some family not doing all that well so may not have a chance to do much but say hello & goodbye but we will see…
    BTW Doggie, a line at 6am, the old Club 200 on 24th used to have one, saw them on my paper route run, probably a few other places but that one comes to mind, bunch of MyBallard emeritus perhaps?

briarrose
    Participant

YES Creo for the win. That place has always been dangerous. They should advertise, “Tired of Living?”

great idea
    Participant

hah! that reminds me of a bumper sticker my friend had on her car:
    “not enough problems in your life? get a goat!”

she had one and could attest as much.

I’ll have to try this joe bar when I tire of living.

Life is amazing
    Participant

Wow thank you. You guys gave me so many to choose from I’ll have to get a calendar and schedule checking one of these out a week.
    I’m sorry that your family is not doing well OG, I’ll send good thoughts.

Viewing 17 posts - 76 through 92 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.