What would you do? Neighbor's dog…

Home Forums Open forum What would you do? Neighbor's dog…

This topic contains 32 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Life is amazing 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Life is amazing
    Participant

Lou, you cracked me up. Those leg donuts are her specialty :)

Avocado Head
    Participant

I grew up with my grandparent’s German Shepherds… Love them too!

One of them helped me learn to walk… She would walk along side me and I threw an arm over her back. She would walk at just my pace all around the yard for as long as I wanted. I still have an urge to plop down and hug every one I see lol…

-Avo

Life is amazing
    Participant

Lou, she does so looooove those leg donuts. (eyes rolling)

Lou98107
    Participant

“I doubt you’d EVER blame your dog’s behavior on the person who has to deal with it.”

But you assume that some other random person would, just because their dog is “small”?

I don’t get your logic.

I was supporting what Phoo had said earlier: “small dog owners in particular live in a world of their own. They are less likely to properly train the dog because they can just pick them up. I’ve never had a medium or large dog be nasty to me…”

My quote above regarding how LIA’s German Shepard reportedly greets people, was relaying what I’ve witnessed in real life. LIA seemed apologetic because her dog is an enthusiastic greeter. My “logic” was that I doubted LIA would see her dog misbehaving, not attempt to stop the behavior, and tell the the dog jumping up that it was okay, because the person being jumped upon didn’t like dogs.

Lou98107
    Participant

p.s. Pennygirl, I forgot to add that I sincerely doubt you’d let your hounds (or maybe you have terriers…can’t remember which kind of dog you’ve mentioned) behave badly around guests, regardless of what kind of dog it was. I could be wrong, but you sound as though you’d have behavioral expectations of your canines around other people.

pennygirl
    Participant

Thank you Lou. Yes, I keep them on a very short leash, figuratively and literally.

Life is amazing
    Participant

Sorry for the duplicate. I didn’t realize there were two pages so I rewrote my post. wish it was easy to delete stuff

Life is amazing
    Participant

Hounds from Hell!!!! Beware they are coming!
    I’m with you Lou, I can’t imagine Penny not expecting her HFH to be polite.
    Speaking of which. We should have a myballard get together so that we can meet all these pups people have.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.