What's up with all the identity theft reports in North Ballard?

Home Forums Open forum What's up with all the identity theft reports in North Ballard?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Richy 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MRK
    Participant

Looking at the SPD crime map there have been dozens of police reports for identity theft in the Loyal Heights/North Beach/Blue Ridge area over the past month. It seems like too many at once for it to be a coincidence, though only a few are listed as ‘mail theft’ as well so it’s not clear how it’s happening. Any idea what’s going on?

Richy
    Participant

The Seattle Archdiocese employee and volunteer data base was breached a few months ago, letters have been going out on what proactive items to do.

Shelley

Mail thefts (which can precede identity thefts) may not be noticed. There were a bunch of mail boxes rifled in early March in the Crown Hill and Blue Ridge areas. I tried to report to SPD that there was mail pulled out of boxes and laying on ground. I don’t think they took my complaint seriously and they didn’t send anyone out to investigate. The report did not show up on SPD’s crime map.

MRK
    Participant

I heard about that – the concentration seems awfully high for it to all be from the Archdioceses.

Richy
    Participant

Well, it effected 90,000 folks at first – now also all that had background checks through the church. The big item was tax return fraud, that some may have just found out about, or something else.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.