Whittier Heights yard sales

Home Forums Open forum Whittier Heights yard sales

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Krow 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Avocado Head
    Participant

Anybody else go this year?

We got a pretty late start, and I think more than a few had closed up shop by the time we began our grid-based search pattern. The map said 80 families, and we cris-crossed the whole area between 8th-15th st. and 65-85th ave. and don’t think we saw half that… Probably people eager to pack up the dregs and get the BBQ fired up.

Tons of kid stuff, same as last year. Difference is, we were looking for kid stuff this time. (Mrs. Avocado is sporting an impressive bump!) Had a lot of nice conversations, and scored some good loot for not too much money. More than one person threw in some freebies for our soon-to-be little one.

Not much to see beyond kid stuff… Less than last year but again, maybe it had been snapped up by the early birds, or stowed back in the garages for next summer.

-Avo

Mondoman
    Participant

Congrats on the little Avo-to-be!

Nora Bell
    Participant

Congratulations on the oncoming little avocado! I wanted to go this year, but, alas, had to work.

Avocado Head
    Participant

Thanks!

We can’t wait to meet him, just a few more weeks…

And unless you are trying to stock up on kid gear / clothes, you didn’t miss much Nora, hehe.

-Avo

Nora Bell
    Participant

Heh. Yeah, been before and that seemed to be the trend in every sale. I have a friend with a baby that could use a traveling crib and/or a traveling playpen, so was hoping to find something for her. My fault for not requesting the day off beforehand.

Cate
    Participant

Avo – I went late too and didn’t find much “good” stuff. I’m always on the lookout for sturdy low-tech toys. Most of what I saw had bells and whistles and electronic gewgaws. Congrats on upcoming baby. Summer babies are the best! Really! Not as big a worry about keeping them warm enough and less exposure to bugs/germs during those first few months.

Avocado Head
    Participant

Nora – Is she on the Ballard moms group? I heard from so many people yesterday that it is great, may find a pack-n-play there.

Cate – That’s exactly what we were thinking when we timed our little avocado pit’s arrival! And yeah… all that complicated plastic / electronic stuff… Ack! But we got some great clothes, feeding stuff, some cold weather wraps for winter, etc. Fave item, a onsie that says “Naps are for babies”. We are gonna be such corny parents. :)

-Avo

Nora Bell
    Participant

She’s actually in Port Townsend. The travel stuff is so she can visit outside of that little port. :-)
    And corny parents are the best parents. ;-)

Avocado Head
    Participant

Ah, gotcha, and haha!

-Avo

Smells Fishy
    Participant

Sweetie and I are talking about a baby conso, and plan to make all the toys and farm a bit more to make its food. She just doesn’t want to make the baby. Figures, huh? Certainly not the way to start a marriage.

Mondoman
    Participant

Ahhh, it’s you, BC. Should have known from the posting style.

Krow
    Participant

Soon to be Mrs Krow sported a faux bump this year for some free loot too. Daddy K wants toys to play with.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement