yet more package thieves

Home Forums Open forum yet more package thieves

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Mondoman 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Paul Forgey
    Participant

After 14 years of being lucky, I’ve finally been hit by package thieves – TWICE this week (Monday and Wednesday). I live in Loyal Heights on NW 80th ST.

Be careful and watchful.

Life is amazing
    Participant

Im so sorry that happened to you.
    I left a stereo on my porch for a freecycler to pick up and it was stolen last month.
    I dont have to worry about packages because all my mail goes to The Mailbox on 24th and 80th.
    Besides Ferrol and the gang there treat my dog so well that if i stopped going there im pretty sure she’d steal the car keys and go up there on her own

Paul Forgey
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about setting up with The Mailbox before this happened. Now I’ve got motivation to finally do it :).

In the meantime, I’ll set up a security camera and some bait packages..

Sunflower
    Participant

Are you on Nextdoor? Lots of discussion of package thieves there.

I’m live in that area as well and so far have been lucky, but The Mailbox is pretty awesome. I mail all my packages from there, then fill a growler at Saleh’s. :-)

Avocado Head
    Participant

Not to get off topic, but that intersection is awesome… Mailbox, Saleh’s, Larsens, the fish place, and the most delicious Cafe Munir. I always find excuses to walk up there…

-Avo

Allison W
    Participant

Be better if we had a proper watering hole instead of a big-ass church.

Avocado Head
    Participant

Amen!

We tried Lamplighter on 85th recently after driving past it a zillion times, and dug it. Wish it was closer.

-Avo

Shelley

I’ve seen the Lamplighter. 820 85th. Isn’t that the one that was Sweet Lou’s?

Avocado Head
    Participant

Yep, according to yelp, changed ownership last year I think.

gracie
    Participant

I went by there other day and swore it still says Sweet Lou’s. It did change hands a year ago but can’t remember the name before.

pennygirl
    Participant

Gracie – The Sundown Tavern

great idea
    Participant

you must admit alli that it’s a bit ironic you moved from close proximity to sweet lou’s/lamplighter only to be in an area bereft of bars.

Shelley

It was quite a dive joint when we first moved into the area in 2001.

gracie
    Participant

PG – Thanks. I just could not remember that name.

great idea
    Participant

remember everyone, if your package does get stolen, YOU are responsible for finding and disposing of the box, lol.

Note Writers: Take Note

Edog
    Participant

but The Mailbox is pretty awesome

Old Ballard can be fun, but nothing beats giving your package to the ladies at Sip and Ship.

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

I do most of my shopping through Amazon Prime and get items delivered to my PO BOX. I have noticed lately that I have a piece of paper in my box asking me to get my item directly from the postal worker. They used to always put a key in my box and I would retrieve the packages from a locker. I asked a clerk last week why lately they haven’t just put it in the box since it is less of a hassle and no long lines. She said that most likely all the lockers where already full. It seems like more and more people are getting PO BOXES and ordering online.

Mondoman
    Participant

All good ideas, although BH was posting so quietly I almost couldn’t make out what he wrote — was that “Po’ Boys”?
    If you’re ordering from Amazon, try out their Amazon Locker system — it’s no extra cost and you can choose which orders to use it for. Until recently, the closest location to the Market St area was the sketchy 7-11 at 17th & Market, but recently they’ve added a 24-hour access Locker to the new complex on the corner of 15th and Market (where Bartell and 5 Guys are).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.