Ballard Goodwill celebrates new look

Workers have finished up the facelift at the Ballard Goodwill and to celebrate the completion of the work, the store is hosting a customer appreciation event this Saturday

Improvements to the store include a new coat of paint, new wall graphics, new signs and merchandise displays and a larger furniture section. The old tiles and carpets have been replaced with polished, stained and sealed concrete floors. “We’re excited to officially show off the new look to customers on Saturday!” David Sandler with the Goodwill tells us.

The celebration is all day Saturday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Here’s what to expect:

• The store is will hold a free drawing for prizes, including Goodwill gift cards.
  • Shoppers who make purchases will receive a coupon good for 30 percent off one item on their next shopping trip to Goodwill.
  • Blue tags will be 50 percent off.The net proceeds from shoppers’ purchases support Goodwill’s free job training and education programs that help people get jobs and become economically self-sufficient.
  • Geeky Swedes

The founders of My Ballard

14 thoughts to “Ballard Goodwill celebrates new look”

1. We are a consumer driven throw away society. Goodwill is full of perfectly good treasures that someone just didn’t want or fit into anymore. I’ve been very impressed with how well run it is. For those of you who think is smells like poor people or it is just a middle class hobo shop, stay at home. All of the more good stuff for me to find.

2. Goodwill’s furniture is an”eyesore”. Really? WTF does your yard look like? Typical hyper-sensitive over-concerned Galdys Kravitz of a neighbor. What Goodwill brings to the table far out weighs a few pieces of furniture in the front. Would it be better on a street corner then perhaps? Must be nice to have nothing else to worry about though.

3. Anyone with a shred of originality, creativity and style knows that Goodwill offers unbelievable bargains. I've found designer clothes and valuable artwork, furniture and first editions — you have to have a good eye.

Leave a Reply