Ballard Commons Park children’s play area project meeting coming up

The Ballard Alliance is getting ready to host another meeting to discuss creating a children’s play area for Ballard Commons Park.

The Alliance, along with community stakeholders, wants to develop a year-round play area for the park: “While Ballard Commons Park is located in an ideal location and surrounded by significant new residential development, it is underutilized. One of the ways the Ballard Alliance is working to attract more people into the park is to propose a play area in the park,” the Alliance writes on their website.

The community engagement process is being funded through a grant from the Seattle Office of Economic Development, money which will also help hire landscape architecture firm The West Studio to work on conceptual design. A group of local volunteers comprise a steering committee working to engage the community through public meetings, such as the one coming up next week.

The meeting will be held from 5:30pm to 7:30pm on Feb. 25 at the Rooftop space at the Commons at Ballard (5621 22nd Ave NW).

Any questions can be directed to info@ballardalliance.com.

20 thoughts to “Ballard Commons Park children’s play area project meeting coming up”

1. Oh cool let’s get more kids in close proximity to junkie scumbags in the Commons/Library area.
    Friendly reminder: our taxes fund corrupt politicians who enable and support this army of disgusting, hostile criminals.

1. No, it is reality. “Hostility” is exacting severe sales and property taxes from hardworking citizens to fund criminal ingrates who then victimize their benefactors. Your whole thinking is backwards. Liberals “literally” believe their feelings are more important than public safety and adherence to the social contract (what remains of it, anyway). You idiots are putting in a $500k toilet at the park which will INEVITABLY become a crime vector to be later removed after much hand wringing and old cat lady tears. Don’t worry though, all the requisite consultants and department head will get paid.

To top it off, you guys do everything possible to make it EASIER for heroin to enter this country via weak borders and immigration enforcement negligence with this “sanctuary city” Democrat voter and entitlement user importation scam. Pathetic.

All your conservative bashing is bullsh*t. You guys banned the best books ever written and have turned the local libraries into junkie sh*tholes while obsessing over heterosexuals hitting on single women at the bar. Worst “progress” ever, you authoritarian, cowardly hypocrites.

1. Bro, I know you’ve been triggered by “Liberals”, but this is an article on creating a kids play area. Let’s try to keep the Alex Jones-eque conspiracies to a minimum. Thanks.

1. Lil bucky, I’m sorry to hear you’re still dealing with as much torment as you’ve experienced in the past. In case you’re ever up near the north parts of Ballard, here’s a great counselor who can help you: (206) 427-9710. I understand you’re hurting, and there are qualified people who have assisted plenty of people dealing with similar struggles.

2. This is insane. It was heavily utilized back when it was actually safe to take kids there (2+ years ago). Now that we have open drug use, open drug dealing, constant screaming from people with major mental health and drug issues, occasional fires (Honey Bucket), armed robberies (candy store), tents and vehicle residents, and police who no longer respond, why are we surprised the park isn’t used by kids anymore? Not to mention that any non-paved surface is a toilet for the areas 40,000+ dogs.

Instead of dumping more money on improvements, that will be destroyed by the park residents, to attract kids who won’t come, how about actual law enforcement? With the candy shop leaving transition the space to SPD to have a neighborhood location with 24 hour coverage.

Instead of new stuff that will become dog toilets, how about just blocking off a section of the park for kids only (no dogs) like they do on the East Coast, or section off a part for dogs like other parks in Seattle?

1. Just walked through to get lunch and saw kids, adults, old people, dogs, birds, etc happily utilizing the park. Sure there’s homeless people too, but it’s nothing near the dystopian, alarmist garbage you just posted.

Are you sure you even live in Ballard?

3. I urge them to go ahead and make plans; FOR THE CHILDREN, and not the drug users and interlopers PERIOD. Why does this or any conversation on this and other topics end up with people actually wanting anything but it’s original intent; a place for kids? What is so hard to perceive here? And soon our now freed up waterfront will soon have parks and open spaces, and with current leadership here, imagine what that will look like in a year, or less too. How can anybody not want places for kids without the needles and the fine folks that go along with them??? Or, have we all been conditioned, and now look for the lowest common denominator? Where are the good solid liberals who are also tired of this schtick? Where are you? Time perhaps to re-think your feelings.

1. too much logic, nazi

While one might consider the “Maga People” to be a cult (the case could be made) the modern social justice liberals here are very cult like and blindly ideological. Any heterodoxy is scorned if it isn’t outright prohibited. I highly recommend the Rajneesh Cult documentary “Wild Wild Country”. The fools in that cult even made the same suicidal move of bringing in bus loads of criminals and addicts into their village which immediately became – surprising to no one with a brain – a safety risk resulting in rapes and assaults etc. Sawant even acts similarly to the crazy Rajneesh lieutenant woman in the documentary. Hippies are ok here and there, but once they reach a critical mass like here and in California, you get social cancer and everything goes to hell quickly.

They are, in effect, children who never accepted the hard truth that humans are lousy and need boundaries and expectations to prevent chaos and degeneracy.

1. As usual you offer nothing, child.
          I will commend you for not calling me “short” or implying that I am gay, wearing panties, or somehow effeminate or diminutive in statue. Very funny that you liberals dish out the grade school insults while pretending to be morally righteous “allies” of “marginalized” people. Typical, really.

1. And your offerings are ignorant and childish, as you have just shown. You got triggered troll!

2. Ah, no. I “unpacked” all the Seattle Liberal(tm) stupidity here and you have nothing but childish insults. This is what a city run by Stranger readers looks like.

3. Uncle Buck, can you run for City Council? I will vote for you right now.

4. I think the term “snowball’s chance in hell” should be replaced with “conservative’s chance in Seattle”. Keep in mind, these same people called everyone who doubted the Jussie Smollett hoax “evil racist hitler super nazis” etc.

In any case I’m fairly sure myself, like any other moderate or moderate conservative with a healthy level of masculinity will be attacked as a “white supremacist” for simply being male. I wish I were joking but with the city now full of 24hr techies who live inside the politically correct panopticon of human resources watchers and corporate newspeak, it would seem only the purest-of-the-pure social justice freaks will be selected by voters. That last libertarian candidate was threatened by a few people I believe, and he has a nonwhite wife and kids. They are insane and violent when confronted with differing viewpoints.

I would recommend the documentary about the Evergreen State College insanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH2WeWgcSMk&t=102s

5. So what you are saying is you are afraid of debating or confronting Liberals unless you are behind an anonymous internet persona?

6. …with a healthy level of masculinity…

Thanks, I needed a good laugh. Not sure what you’d consider a “healthy level of masculinity”, but I would think that someone with a “healthy level of masculinity” wouldn’t be triggered by Liberals, homeless people, women or whatever to the point they spend 24/7 whining on a neighborhood blog comment section.

But to each their own, I guess!

Keep in mind, these same people called everyone who doubted the Jussie Smollett hoax “evil racist hitler super nazis” etc.

Ironically, most people didn’t even know about this incident until the Conservative news outlets started howling about it. So yeah…

Leave a Reply