« Ballard Restaurants

Paseo

Paseo (Cuban/Caribbean)
6226 Seaview Ave. NW (map)
206-789-3100

Seattle Magazine: “No one makes sandwiches like Paseo: drippy, sloppy, messy and utterly indulgent…”
My Ballard: “Paseo was popular from day one in Ballard…”

Special note: Paseo only accepts cash.

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (314 votes, average: 4.26 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

• 1 J // Apr 10, 2009 at 8:19 pm

Isn't that a health code violation to take someones dish from home into a kitchen like that? Its like going to back to a buffet line with your plate. Seems unsanitary!

• 2 Scott // May 20, 2009 at 7:39 pm

Really good sandwiches and wonderful aroma while you wait.
    Can't wait to eat again.

• 3 ballardmama // May 23, 2009 at 10:00 pm

Finally went for the first time yesterday. Got the #1 without jalapenos. Amazing!!! Huge line but went fast.

• 4 Rob // May 30, 2009 at 7:53 pm

Ok so I went to see what this place was all about…. let me tell you, the reviews are 100% spot on. The food was amazing. Got the #8 and it was AMAZING!!! I will recomend this place to everyone….

• 5 ballardmama // Jun 5, 2009 at 5:04 am

Man, I love this place! Only been twice, both in the past two weeks, and I am addicted. Got the #1 (no jalapenos) on the first visit and the #2 on the second. I think the #1 is better but both are fantastic! Ah, I'm craving one right now.

• 6 female_libido // Jul 21, 2009 at 2:49 pm

You make orgasmic sandwiches. Best ever!

• 7 lordkyle // Jul 22, 2009 at 10:29 pm

they changed from styrofoam, twice since your posting.

• 8 Cool Springs // Aug 6, 2009 at 3:46 pm

Paseo has great food. I ate there when visiting a friend and would go back for sure when Im in the area.

• 9 queenofballard // Aug 9, 2009 at 5:02 am

My only complaint is that they're closed on Sundays. This food is to die for. It's simple and simply amazing. Every restaurant in town should take lessons from this business model. Whatever you do, do it well.

• 10 shanedillon // Aug 10, 2009 at 8:38 pm

Cheap, not bad, but a little greasy. I think you need to eat it there as the sandwiches do not travel well at all.

• 11 alijune // Aug 11, 2009 at 10:46 pm

Not sure it needs to be said again, but this place is amazing. So I've heard from some that these are not “true” Cuban sandwiches. But I don't even care, call it whatever you want, the flavors are incredible and indescribable! Hot summer day and a Paseo sandwich to eat by the water = so perfect!

• 12 sisterstreet // Sep 24, 2009 at 6:28 pm

get out of yourself, dude. greater ecological issues at stake. furthermore, they wouldn't set it down on a surface. they would simply scoop it into the container without touching it. If you ever worked in a kitchen you would know this is possible.

• 13 Jake // Sep 25, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Went there yesterday for lunch and had the grilled chicken! Great sandwich and very reasonably priced… it had been a while since i had been, but it was just a good as i remembered

• 14 sunfire09 // Oct 22, 2009 at 2:44 am

Amazing food! I love there sandwiches! I love the spices they use. The people that work there are friendly and very helpful! Five Stars!!

• 15 luckiekevin // Oct 23, 2009 at 2:01 pm

My favorite place to eat in all of Seattle. Not even a contest. What the heck to they put in those beans that make them so sweet and savory?

• 16 dc98117 // Nov 27, 2009 at 7:42 am

Love the cuban pork sandwich!!!

• 17 SURF BALLARD // Dec 23, 2009 at 6:57 pm

#9 Ham & Cheese, all the way!!!

• 18 JohnRCarlisle // Dec 27, 2009 at 1:45 pm

I LOVE Paseo! One of my favorite restaurants in Seattle.

John R Carlisle

• 19 Deblachanc // Apr 11, 2010 at 3:51 am

Had sandwiches from here for the first time this week. Loved the bread but found them very hard to eat. Onions in the sandwich are way too big. The bread isn't big enough to hold the ingredients. We shared a few – scallop, shrimp, pork and fish. All of the flavors on the meats were good but made no sense to me as a sandwich. If you like hot – jalapeno hot – you would love the flavor. The taste is there but the presentation isn't.

• 20 tae // May 6, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Is this on the way to golden gardens?

• 21 JannieA // Dec 3, 2010 at 10:55 pm

OMG the #2 Brazilian pork sandwich, this should be a national treasure-WONDERFUL!

• 22 Barrue // Jul 2, 2014 at 12:40 pm

This is not my usual fare but now can’t wait to go back. Love sitting casually outside at the Golden Gardens location. Plenty food and very tasty. Hoping to go tonite with friends from out of town. Wish they stayed open later on Sundays.

• 23 Weston Runfola // Oct 20, 2014 at 9:37 pm

I have discovered that wise real estate agents all around you are warming up to FSBO Promoting. They are noticing that it’s in addition to placing a poster in the front area. It’s really in relation to building associations with these suppliers who at some point will become purchasers. So, if you give your time and energy to aiding these dealers go it alone the “Law connected with Reciprocity” kicks in. Interesting blog post.

• 24 pop over to this website // Oct 21, 2014 at 7:30 pm

I simply want to say I am just newbie to blogs and absolutely loved your web site. Likely I’m likely to bookmark your site . You really come with good stories. Many thanks for revealing your web site.

• 25 Erasmo Druck // Oct 22, 2014 at 10:31 am

Hi Melody, thank you so much about caring about this very important issue and taking action.. Public awareness is the key to opening the doors to make change it’s like tiny steps that end up in a stampede company’s will act if pushed as they are not keen on negative PA also if another company makes a move they will take action as they like to be seen doing the green thing.. social media platforms carry great weight and together we are like ants We see a task before us and it looks overwhelming, so we’re tempted to give up. But when you see
    one ant trying to pull another insect ten times its size what happens ?

• 26 browse website // Oct 22, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Vanzile@gmail.com

• 27 good info // Oct 22, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Traux@gmail.com

• 28 follow this link // Oct 22, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Donovan@gmail.com

• 29 check website // Oct 22, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Aul@gmail.com

• 30 clear muscle release date // Oct 22, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept

• 31 go to info // Oct 23, 2014 at 1:09 am

Morosow@gmail.com

• 32 great page // Oct 23, 2014 at 1:35 am

Carucci@gmail.com

• 33 check link // Oct 23, 2014 at 3:35 am

Davino@gmail.com

• 34 snook fishing // Oct 24, 2014 at 10:45 am

I’m really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog like this one today..

• 35 Eric Barry Chicago sex offender // Oct 24, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Full Disclosure began in April 2012 when San Francisco comedian Eric Barry bought a mixer and some microphones, and launched the Full Disclosure sex podcast out of his bedroom, a series of intensely revealing interviews with adult performers, sexologists, celebrities, and others in the entertainment industry.