Acorn Eatery closed & up for sale

Posted by Geeky Swedes on December 29th, 2009

For months now, Crown Hill’s Acorn Eatery (9041 Holman Rd) has been closed and is up for sale

We’ve received many emails from people wondering what’s going on, “Any ideas on what is happening at the Acorn Eatery? They have confusing signs on their building and windows.” a MyBallard reader writes. We’ve tried to contact the owners but have received no response.

A sign in the window says, “Notice – Due to some unfortunate events, the Acorn will be temporarily closed for business. We apologize in advance to our customers and will be open again as soon as possible.” Another sign points out that the 3,200 square foot restaurant is up for sale. The current lease on the property is up in March 2011. (Thank you everyone for your emails.)

• 1 Bark more, Wag Less // Dec 29, 2009 at 5:56 pm

With a name like Acorn it sounds like a place to go get financing to open a brothel with 15 year old Salvadorean hookers….just sayin'

• 2 alysse // Dec 29, 2009 at 6:26 pm

The last few years they seemed to be less busy. I always liked their acorn/butternut squash soup. One less independent place to eat. Holman Road is a big impediment to businesses being successful here in Crown Hill.

• 3 Edog // Dec 29, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Will they have a playroom for babies?

• 4 NoraBell // Dec 29, 2009 at 7:16 pm

Much as I missed the black bean quesedia (sp) of the place that was there before it, I'm still kind of sad to see Acorn being confirmed as gone.
    What will replace it, I wonder?

• 5 Barney Stinson // Dec 29, 2009 at 10:18 pm

Sucks for the owners, but it was lousy overpriced food.

• 6 HeardOnthe44 // Dec 30, 2009 at 3:44 am

Years ago…wasn't it called “The Acoustical Coffee House” ?

• 7 PurelyKara // Dec 30, 2009 at 10:16 pm

I went to the Acorn one night on a whim with a friend of mine and we fell in love with it, but sadly we live in West Seattle. For a Christmas gift to ourselves we were going to be have dinner there again…but found out from their website they were closed…bummer. We went to Alki instead, but I think the Acorn was overlooked and underappreciated.

• 8 Ballardian // Jan 1, 2010 at 2:37 am

I was there twice and that was once too much for me….
    kinda smelled like mildew in there on my final visit.

• 9 color hugo boss // Oct 28, 2014 at 10:41 am

Thank you a lot for sharing this with all people you actually recognize what you are speaking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Please also consult with my site =).
    We could have a hyperlink trade contract among us