Reminder: Free Car Wash Day today

Posted by Geeky Swedes on August 26th, 2010

Just a reminder that today is the Free Car Wash Day at Brown Bear Car Wash.

Photo from the 2009 Free Car Wash Day
To celebrate their 53rd anniversary, the company is giving away free “Bear Essential” car washes at all of their “tunnel” locations in the area. This includes the one at 5111 15th Ave NW in Ballard. The car wash will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. While the line may look daunting, we’re told that it takes 15 to 20 minutes to get through the line in the above photo.

• 1 yep // Aug 26, 2010 at 3:48 pm

of course it will rain as soon as you're done!

• 2 shinken1016 // Aug 26, 2010 at 5:46 pm

Amazing what comes out of the woodwork when “free” is involved…

• 3 The Mayor // Aug 26, 2010 at 5:53 pm

yeah gonna be pointless if it rains

• 4 Dtwodoors // Aug 26, 2010 at 7:12 pm

NOT “pointless”….at least the grime will be gone, instead of piling up with more grime! What a nice thing to do for their customers. And what a shame that some people can only look at the downside of the gift. Oh, and why shouldn't people “come out of the woodwork” for this nice gift???!!! That's the point!! Many are loyal customers and many more will become customers. Get over yourselves!

• 5 Foghorn Leghorn // Aug 26, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Wooo I went: in and out in 10 minutes. Sadly, it did rain on me. But at least now my car has gone from 'Unspeakably Filthy' to 'Only Mildly Dirty'.

• 6 kim // Aug 26, 2010 at 10:42 pm

have you seen my car?

• 7 kim // Aug 26, 2010 at 10:43 pm

and which one will you be at?

• 8 OwlsInsomnia // Aug 28, 2010 at 4:48 am

I live very close so it was easy to pop over for my free car wash in the morning. I enjoyed seeing that they were still taking people well after 8pm when they were technically supposed to close.

• 9 Christine // Aug 31, 2010 at 4:56 am

Thank you to Brown Bear for giivng back to the community of car washers. I took advantage of the free day and my car is now clean. In addition, I honor their commitment to creating good looking facilities with beautiful sculptures and their contributions to the Zoo.