Many brave the cold for the 2010 Turkey Trot

Posted by Geeky Swedes on November 25th, 2010

Lots of turkeys participating in the 4th annual Turkey Trot which benefits the Ballard Food Bank. Here is a look at this morning’s 5k.

Heading to the start of the 5k from parking at Golden Gardens

If you have pics, send them to tips@myballard.com.

We’ll update this post with the amount raised for the Ballard Food Bank.

• 1 amballard // Nov 25, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Great race today. The neighborhood came out in a big way to support the turkey trot. Seeing a young woman runner with a tee-shirt that said she grew up eating food bank food was heartwarming. Yeah food bank! I am sending another check in today!

• 2 BallardGMa // Nov 25, 2010 at 10:45 pm

The Turkey Trot was fabulous! Thank you to all of the volunteers, runners and four footed friends. The Ballard Food Bank is the receipient of all of the funds – volunteers and staff organize the event. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

• 3 kim // Nov 25, 2010 at 10:51 pm

final head count?

• 4 Sweenlar // Nov 25, 2010 at 11:23 pm

so fun, and such a good cause, thanks for organizing!

• 5 sleepynb // Nov 27, 2010 at 12:11 am

Pardon my ignorance, but I’m not a runner. I can walk this event? And wear a really cool hat (and entire story should be dedicated to the hats). The course looks great! Next year, I’m there!

• 6 Shelley // Nov 27, 2010 at 6:55 pm

What happy faces. And not only healthy, but well-read: as a fellow writer, I quote the author Sherman Alexie: ”…There’s something special too about being from the Pacific Northwest, which is by far the most literate region of the country and one of the most literate regions of the world. The Seattle to Portland corridor is powered by books…”

• 7 Sean Keeley // Nov 28, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Love the photos, though that turkey costume might give me the night terrors tonight…