Woman hit by Amtrak train near Golden Gardens

Posted by Geeky Swedes on November 25th, 2010

A woman walking along the train near NW Neptune and Blue Ridge Drive was struck and killed by an Amtrak train Thursday afternoon. The accident happened about a mile north of Golden Gardens Park.

Neighbors told KING 5 that the woman was wearing headphones, and people yelled to catch her attention before she was hit.

The train was headed from Seattle to Chicago. Investigators are expected to be at the scene until this evening. Seattle Police did not release any more information, and we’ll keep you updated.

• 1 fat-cat // Nov 27, 2010 at 9:39 pm

Never walk on the tracks. Simple rule, obey it.

• 2 fat-cat // Nov 27, 2010 at 9:40 pm

Totally agree, that kid who drove into the taco time was CRUNKKKKKK

• 3 sven // Nov 27, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Your all fucking idiots.

• 4 Anonymous // Nov 29, 2010 at 6:14 pm

I Love You As Well!

• 5 Guest // Nov 30, 2010 at 9:09 pm

I was not friends with the woman who was hit by this train. But she was very close to people that I love and respect. It saddens me that our community members can’t refrain from their judgments on one person’s tragic loss of life. Does it help the facts if you call her names or place judgment on her decisions? She’s dead now.

Many people in our community, and smaller communities within the community, are mourning the loss of their friend, their sister, their teacher, their colleague. She was loved by many, many people. I’m ashamed to think I share a community with so many cold individuals ready to lay judgment – and without facts of the situation – on someone already gone. Shame on you.

• 6 ranbarton // Dec 1, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Has the victim been identified? One article indicated she was 41, but no name was given.

• 7 Sss // Dec 3, 2010 at 5:22 am

She was a beautiful woman who, while surround by friends, made the decision to not carry on with a difficult past. She had a large community of friends, was a caregiver and friend to many. She will be so missed by all of us who know and love her. For those of you who didn’t know her, better not to judge.

• 8 guest // Dec 3, 2010 at 5:43 am

She was a beautiful person and friend to so many. It was a tragic and unfortunate decision she made. I would encourage all of us to see the preciousness of those we love and the realize we can be left without them at any moment. ….we turn around and find they are gone. But our love remains.

• 9 Her Friend // Dec 4, 2010 at 8:41 am

I am also a friend of hers, and I don’t think it was intentional. She was an incredibly free spirit and often times oblivious to danger. This allowed for a lovely, full life for her. I am glad she was able to experience as much as she was in her short ife. She was a bright being and I’ll always remember her…

• 10 Guest // Dec 7, 2010 at 6:28 am

Just to let it be known – I was on that train, and they laid on the horn for a very long time, I find it very hard to believe that you could not hear that even with headphones on. The train was a pretty long one, we had four engines and based on being on the train, I’m sure the tracks would have been shaking as well. My heart goes out to friends and family of the victim, but I really have no sympathy for her.