Seattle Magazine highlights Ballard’s 24th Ave NW

Posted by Geeky Swedes on February 28th, 2011

While downtown Ballard, old Ballard Avenue specifically, might be the gem of our neighborhood, this month Seattle Magazine takes a look at another thriving street – 24th Ave NW. The magazine features “sweet streets shaping Seattle’s future,” the article states. “Here you’ll find colorful coffee shops and a chic wine bar mixing with old-school taverns and a traditional barbershop, along with the newfangled On The Park apartments, complete with an expansive QFC supermarket offering a far more impressive selection of produce, fish and meat than the old QFC store it replaced.” Fourteen businesses are highlighted from the Classic Consignment on the south end to The Viking at the north end. Click here to read more about what’s going on along 24th Ave NW

• 1 BeenHereAWhile // Feb 28, 2011 at 5:43 pm

Don’t forget the stabbings, the muggings, assaults and drug deals.

• 2 Walter Agony // Feb 28, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I for one am upset the Ballard Escrow was passed over.

• 3 Mogan Diggens // Feb 28, 2011 at 7:41 pm

fyi…. The Vinter’s Annex is not a “chic wine bar”, it’s a tasting room specifically promoting the wine of a few select wineries. Quite the difference if you ask me.

• 4 Anonymous // Feb 28, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Can you document any stabbing, mugging, or drug deal that has taken place on 24th Ave.? If not, maybe you’re just whistling through your poop chute.

• 5 BeenHereAWhile // Feb 28, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Sure.

Go back and read through the front-page stories on this very forum. There was the woman from Oshan Sushi who was attacked and robbed at gunpoint last year. There was another assault on the same block a couple months later. And the recent spate of hooded thugs robbing people all around this part of Ballard (not technically on 24th). As for drug deals – they’re done openly, every day. Just take a look around.

Of course, if you would rather just clap faster and ignore the very real spike in violent crime that has come to 24th Ave NW, well, just shut your eyes tightly and keep clapping.

• 6 VanWho // Feb 28, 2011 at 11:02 pm

When did Wingmasters close?

• 7 gobigblue // Mar 1, 2011 at 12:23 am

just do a search on “24th arrest” on this very site…

and you will find the story about the crack dealer running his operation out of his apartment on the 6700 block of 24th Ave NW

you will also find the story about the drive-by shooting this past october on 24th Ave NW near NW 77th Street

seems like you, and the 4 people who liked your post, are the ones doing the whistling…

• 8 Anonymous // Mar 2, 2011 at 12:36 am

and those addresses are all outside the area featured in the article.

• 9 tdub // Mar 7, 2011 at 12:01 am

wingmasters didn’t close. and it is quite awesome. food is “bar pub” but come for the atmosphere. and if anyone bothers you come tell me about it, i’m usually there, i wear the TW hat….

• 10 tdub // Mar 7, 2011 at 12:01 am

• 11 tdub // Mar 7, 2011 at 12:08 am

it wasn’t gun point, she was robbed by a “hooded guy”. doesn’t make it right, but don’t bring guns into it… i walk around between 65th and market along 24th all the time with my hoodie on. I’m not a thug, in fact i’m a rather large guy and i’ll be happy to escort anyone home. i’ve lived in the neighborhood for 10 years and i will gladly keep it safe

• 12 tdub // Mar 7, 2011 at 12:08 am

• 13 tdub // Mar 7, 2011 at 12:11 am

go back t0 15th ave. I’ll take 24th over 15th any day…

• 14 tdub // Mar 7, 2011 at 12:11 am

go back t0 15th ave. I’ll take 24th over 15th any day…

• 15 t-dub // Mar 7, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I believe I’ve been “whooshed” DOH!

• 16 t-dub // Mar 7, 2011 at 9:08 pm

I believe I’ve been “whooshed” DOH!