Ballard is in first place in the city’s Walk Bike Ride challenge, which encourages people to walk, bike, or ride the bus more often. So far, our ‘hood is leading in the number of trips switched to walking, biking or riding, first in number of participants signed up, and first in miles of driving saved so far.
From the City of Seattle
There is one week left in the July/August challenge, and the organizers are encouraging participants to enter their final trips. Click here for more info.
There’s also an individual competition in which the winner takes home the following loot:
- An electric bike from Electric Bikes Northwest
- An overnight stay at Pan Pacific Hotel in South Lake Union
- A Zipcar 1-year membership & 5+ hours of driving credit
- $100 Nordstrom gift card (courtesy of Commute Seattle)
- $100 REI gift card
- $100 farmers’ market gift card (accepted at seven farmers’ markets)