This weekend is the annual Pumpkin Bash at the Woodland Park Zoo, which means you’ll get to see hippos, elephants, bears and other animals stomp and smash pumpkins of all sizes. They’ll also have trick-or-treating throughout the zoo all weekend, for the next three weekends.
Here’s the schedule for pumpkin feeding:
- Jaguar 10:00 a.m.
- Grizzlies noon (Sat. only)
- Siamangs 10:00 a.m. (Sat. only)
- Anoa 1:00 p.m.
- Lions 10:00 a.m. (Sat. only)
- Gorillas 1:00 p.m., 1:20 p.m.(Sun. only)
- Lion-tailed macaques 10:00 a.m. (Sun. only)
- Penguins 1:30 p.m.
- Hippos 10:30 a.m.
- Otters 1:30 p.m. (Sun. only)
- Orangutans 10:30 a.m. (Sat. only)
- Elephants 2:00 p.m.
- Snow leopards 10:30 a.m. (Sun. only)
- Lemurs 2:00 p.m. (weather permitting)
- Ocelots 11:00 a.m.
- Wolves 2:30 p.m. (Sat. only)
- Komodo dragons 11:30 a.m.
- Warthogs 2:30 p.m. (Sun. only)
The zoo is now in their fall/winter hours, which are 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. During the days of the Pumpkin Bash, they’ll admit one child 12 years and under in costume for free for every paid adult (can’t be combined with any other discount). For more about the Pumpkin Bash, click here.